Hide pouwerup button if no power available?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by creativesoffice, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That's interesting. I didn't know that. I always thought this function does not work. So if I have a distance score and want the player gift coins when he crosses 100 points, I just would put 100 as a value? And would it appear only once or every 100 points? Like 100, 200, 300? And if the player stays at a score of 100-150 would the button appear every time he dies because he is in this range?

2. AMason

AMason Boxer

Well, if you're not using random levels, you could just put those coins in the spot you want them. Or, you could set up your timeline so that the only level it could be at that point in the game would be one with coins in it. Not sure about the other part of the question.

I don't get what you mean by the player staying at the same score? You mean, like, if he continues?

3. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Is this feature implemented yet? Is it possible with BB?

4. Th3Ya0vi

Th3Ya0vi Boxer

Not sure if this is related to this thread but i'm trying to make the how to play instruction in my game disappear after the user play the first time.

5. covmon

covmon Boxer

Any updates on the ability to do this?

I was playing around with visibility threshold, but couldn't figure out what it was. The Buildbox official user manual says visibility threshold is "the amount of uses (ie button presses) that need to be available to show this button. Otherwise it will be hidden." This sounds like it perfectly answers John's question, but it does not work like that. Even if there are no refills/charges left on the powerup, the button with visibility threshold of 1 still shows.

Other people have said it only allows the action button to appear if the play scored a certain number of points/distance. However, this does not seem very consistent. When I was testing a point-based game, with a button on the game over UI set to visibility threshold of 1, the button NEVER appeared, no matter when I scored 0 or more than 0. I am very confused about this feature of "visilbity threshold," and would like an explanation of what it is and how to use it if anyone knows. Maybe @Andy?

6. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I think I found the solution. With Threshold visibility set to zero, the Interval is actually the score part. So say you set a score of 4. The player must score at least 4 points/coins per play for the button to appear.