BuildBox Wishlist. Whats yours?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AppNasty, Apr 16, 2016.

1. GeekGamer94

GeekGamer94 Boxer

my wishlist would be .. making the if's and else's logic development between character and objects..and most important ..
    our Camera frames bleeds heavy on advance moves of character .. maybe it shall be fixed soon :(

2. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Small Suggestion :
    Flipping the game screen ( Portrait / Portrait Upside down ) + (Landscape Left / Landscape Right)
    I always toggle some of those options in Xcode, But no effect appear on the game :/

GeekGamer94 likes this.
  3. Nasser

Nasser Boxer

Having screen ruler so it is easy to arrange or position guider (Like the one in powerpoint).

4. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

While working on my game it sometimes stops working and says "Buildbox closed unexpectedly". Please solve this problem. Last time i worked for 40 minutes and it suddenly closed :(

5. abdussadik

abdussadik Boxer

Before the launch BB2, they mentioned about being able to add vector graphics to the games, is it still in development, when can we see this feature? If yes, what type of vector graphics can we add?

6. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Another small suggestion feature:

1- Event Observer - Replace/Change background image of the current world scenes.

Function > Change Current Background.

7. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

My wish is they add a more interactive interface...Like selecting multiple items at once , can drag em and do everything.

blad300 likes this.
  8. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Ability to select multiple items has been asked a few times and I believe this one is on BB's radar :D

Jaky1 likes this.
  9. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Built in notes system. So we can log changes we've made without using external tools like notepad etc. Make it on main menu area. Can use it for "to do" lists as well.
    There's only one darn thing I want....I've said it before. Ability to do more with text. You can only type out a single line. If I had a paragraph of words I have to make new text each line. Being able to paste in entire page of words and then adjust them to stack versus all be on one single line.

And of course swipe controls for scrolling up and down a menu. Be nice to have my comic apps where user can scroll down to next page or swipe sideways. Versus having to click a next button to load a new menu.

Add the player to transform list. When setting a transform option, it asks which asset is effected. You can chose any....except the player. This would allow us to make completely new game types. Eat an object and it makes player grow in size. Katamari style.

Add built in menu templates. Make new ui, then chose from a list of basic menu designs.

Enemies follow player.

Gravity on objects. Pop a wheelie on a bike and smack a wall...then drive up it as gravity latches onto player.

Load gifs.

Add master collection tools to BB. Would get more people buying. Makes it more of a one stop shop tool for game design. I think younger kids would then be more attracted to it.

Adjustable attachments. When you link two items....we can adjust strength. This would allow for suspension for car games etc.

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Going to take a look at this in a couple weeks and see what it will take to get it done... made a note so I won't forget.

AppNasty likes this.
  11. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Ability to killl particular enemy
    Ability to Transform Objects by Actions
    Abillity to select multiple objects
    Abillity to import/export particular objects or actions or menu ( If a team work to build a game, one create a world, one menu , one another world...and finally assembly them )

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  12. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Just thought of a cool idea. We have variables right? Set speed etc from 20 to 50 so its random yada yada ...do it with sounds. Like when my character dies and I set his death sound to "ouch!" Well it sucks he will say ouch every darn time. Make it so you can load in like 3 sounds and use the variables idea, character will say one of the three sounds randomly. Ouch!...ahhhhh!....nooooo!

13. djlfpro

djlfpro Boxer

I will love if the next update integrates an analytics for IOS and Android, just like you add Admob, copy and paste a link, that´s it, export it and don´t lose time adding it each time you export the game.

Analytics is so important for understanding the behavior of your users.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    AppNasty likes this.
  14. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

What about custom ads? Dunno if this is already in there. But I'm making a game for my site, X1Bike.com and will be showcasing it at MegaCon Tampa oct 28-30th. Would be awesome if my game shows ads for X1 site. Or even better, what if a company wants to advertise through our apps and games? I suppose you could just ad a banner image with URL to said site. Meh.

15. zznxajgz

zznxajgz Boxer

Thanks for this opportunity, i would like to see more logical functions that can be added to the list, such as events that leads to actions and vise-versa , maybe an observing event that can help to tweak Character or Object behavior

16. simontt

simontt Boxer

Great. I will like to have
    1) Daily/weekly/monthly prize or bonus feature. Now a day most of the popular game will have Daily/weekly Prize, Daily Challenge and Daily Bonus etc. I really this those features will make user come back for more. It is like more reason for users to come back and play the game. This feature can be implemented using simple game like, Wheel of Fortune, Scratch and Win, Memory/match game and Choice multi boxes open with key etc.
    2) Import media like video for opening video.
    3) more text ability which can have score bar text if the text is more then some amount of words etc

Thanks
    Simon

zznxajgz likes this.
  17. zznxajgz

zznxajgz Boxer

also i would like to integrate leaderboard so that whenever there is an achievement it can be shown in a UI and sync that with google game center data

18. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Ability to killl particular enemy - When i select Enemy Bullet, to have option to be Default or Select a particular enemy

Qdeveloper likes this.
  19. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

First of all, I'm delighted to see some of my suggestions already will be in BuildBox 3 like the zooming and the coding part. I think the coding integration will help a lot of developers :)

What I'm bothered currently with BuildBox 2, Is the restriction to have an online internet to use the engine, I lost many projects progress because of connection issue, Despite I already have a Perpetual license?.

20. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

The majority of game engines that try to remove coding forget one key element - Monetisation. Making it easier to use rewarded videos for example, daily events to encourage retention.

Qdeveloper likes this.