Conditionals... If... Then...

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by AMason, Aug 3, 2016.

1. AMason

AMason Boxer

In a normal coding situation, you can set conditionals. If the character has a certain weapon equipped, then blah blah... it would be super awesome to have that available in the Box... Maybe it is and I just don't know it?

2. carlosabreu1981

carlosabreu1981 Boxer

it isn't and i'm afraid will not, is against the buildbox nature, ease of use!

3. GeekGamer94

GeekGamer94 Boxer

well i faced a situation today while developing..
    i wanted my character to stop shooting bullets out of it's spawner when enemy is already dead :D
    well no if's and else's -_- it's kinda SAD with BB's Game camera frame as well...

4. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Do you know you can have a simple tap to fire button right? That way you don't fire constantly...? I personally prefer tap to fire as it requires user interaction.

However I ha e had a few cases where I really wish there was a if/then/otherwise but have learned not to design my game with functions not available.

5. GeekGamer94

GeekGamer94 Boxer

@INKY i know that we can have a fire button cmmon it's on already available inbuilt demo of BB2..
    but i was guessing a situation like killing people on a floors kinda game and the character only shoots when that floors have other shooting enemies -_- though i need to craft myself on not using that functional logics in a game and making it more simple with mobile platform..