Hide pouwerup button if no power available?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by creativesoffice, Feb 16, 2016.

1. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Hi,

I am trying to do this: Have some powerups in the store and want user to buy those via in app purchases or in game currency but issue is that i would like to have displayed on game play only the powerups that user brought and not all powerups available.

Eg: magnet. If no amount of use is available right now it shows 0 and have the button there doing nothing. Is there any option to have the button hidden once reached zero amount to use?

Not talking about the one that are refilling themselves after X amount of time.

Regards,
    john

mintymint likes this.
  2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

3. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Thanks @ heathclose useful but not doing what i need still. I need to hide the buttons for good and only be displayed if a powerup was purchased from the store. Not sure if that is possible? Unless there are other options I am not aware of?

Cheers,
    John

4. heathclose

huh :confused: I had this exact question before, and found a thread (https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/use-powerup-on-button-push.1771/#post-12234) on it and someone showed me that video... now I was almost certain that video showed how to do that, I scrapped the idea, so I never actually worked it out... but I was certain that video had the answer... something to do with autohide maybe? I dunno... If you figure this out... this is still an unanswered question for me...

5. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Thanks but still does not do the trick. see 10:45. you have 0 powers to use. At that time i would need to have the button hidden when hits 0 number. I am in same spot as in video, powers hit 0 mark and is there and would need to hide it once reach 0. Is this possible?

6. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Also is there any option to change font on poweups buttons?

There is the default ugly gray gradient and for some reason if going to fonts and selecting other font does not change.

7. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

I'm looking to do this as well, any luck? Autohide just fades the button out after X number of seconds, Visibility Threshold has the button appear after the player reaches score X, and I'm not sure what Interval does.

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Interval causes the button to appear every X times.

9. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

Every X number of sessions?

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Every X number of times you enter a particular screen (Game Over or Main Menu for example).

11. heathclose

So @Andy , is there a way to have a powerup button disappear when there are no charges to use and appear back on the ui when it has a charge (picked up in game or through iap)?

mintymint likes this.
  12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@heathclose I don't believe there is, but it is a good idea, I will add it as a possibility to consider for later.

mintymint and heathclose like this.
  13. heathclose

Okie dokie thx

14. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@Andy also i think it would be good to have these things:
    • Ability of adding UI button for specific scenes, so when and until that scene is on screen have that UI button, maybe with the ability to control a delay for appearing/disappearing and the chance to have that button (similar to actions...)
    • New UI button actions:
      • Rotate char BY a specific angle -- In other words when user taps it character rotates by lets say 90 degrees. So it the current angle is 30 then it would stop at 120
      • Rotate TO a specific angle -- Difference to the previous one is that this one would always rotate to a preset angle, lets say back to 0 degrees regardless of the current angle
      • Same stuff with move: BY and TO positions by a single tap...
      • Move to the tap position with a given speed. "Snap to grid" option would be fantastic! That would allow us to think about tile-mapped games

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You can do something like this using separate worlds with their own UI and a Menu Jump. Actually you don't even need 2 worlds you should be able to use Menu Jump just to swap UI.

trudnai likes this.
  16. heathclose

wait... guys... @Andy ... isn't this just "visibility threshold"... isn't that what that setting does... hides the button unless X amount of charges are available?

17. mintymint

mintymint Boxer

Hi @Andy, is this feature implemented yet in any of Buildbox version?

Hi @creativesoffice and @heathclose, are you able to achieve this? can you share your solution or any advise?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  18. AMason

AMason Boxer

The way I heard it explained, visibility threshold was so you could make a power appear only when someone has reached a certain score. That may be incorrect though, and I may have misunderstood.

At any rate, I really would love this hide button feature as well.

Christoph likes this.
  19. AMason

AMason Boxer

Or, alternately, would be useful to have buttons that have different images you can use, similar to how the powers have different animations for when they are idle and when they are collected. If that were possible, you could simply set the image for empty to be one with zero opacity, or greyed out, etc.

20. heathclose

This is absolutely correct.

Christoph likes this.