Cannot Make Isometric Game In 45°! Need Help!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by nayamamarshe, Jul 14, 2016.

1. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

I am attaching a BBDOC. Please can someone fix this up for me. I just want a simple ISOMETRIC game. The character keeps rotating and I can't make it go ahead.

DOWNLOAD BBDOC

2. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

BUMP. Help needed. Please

3. Phillip Kung

Phillip Kung Boxer

I quickly checked out your file. The main few things I'm seeing are -

1. Collision shapes are completely wrong. You need to change it so that the collision shape on the blocks are connecting together smoothly in the same direction and angle that they are made in. So the collision surface would be parallel to the top and bottom borders of the block and somewhere in the middle of the block. Your character collision shape should be made the same way so he can sit on the surface evenly and slide smoothly down the row of blocks.

2. Once you get that part down, you need to tweak the game direction so that the blocks line up smoothly. It's going to be very precise and require some trial and error.

3. You'll have to play with your game frame and/or movement settings in order to get your character moving at the right pace in the right spot while preventing the screen from moving around when your within the game.

Hope this helps!

Christoph likes this.
  4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Just select Fixed Rotation for your character...
    Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 8.16.08 AM.png

Christoph likes this.
  5. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Yes , I did that and the character isn't rotating now.
    I checked Direct Movement and now the game is moving as I want it to. But the problem is , the character can't jump.

Character ; Speed 81,81, Jump 100, Bounce 0.
    Game: Direction 27, gravity y=-50, Forced Movement : 50,50.

6. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Thanks for the reply @Phillip Kung . Can you give an idea of what the colission shape should look like.

Thanks.

7. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

@nayamamarshe I hope I have fixed your problem.. it was due to platform collision shape.. tough I a fixed roughly.. you have to go through it for more fine tune :) Also I noticed a character component button on UI.. dont know what is the use :eek: and you also need to fix the platforms on your own :rolleyes: Also ticked the fixed rotation for your character

I am attaching a dropbox link please tell me after you download it.. I will be removing it :(

file link: https://db.tt/pKwLg800

Hope this would help