Save Game

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by prskh13, Jun 25, 2016.

1. prskh13

prskh13 Boxer

hello every one!
    how can i save my game
    i mean i have 3 world for example
    first player start from world 1,when player complete world 1 and went to next world
    after quiting game and playing again!player start from world 2 not beginning
    sorry for my bad english!
    thanks

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

you need to learn about checkpoints... these get saved when the user exits the game...

3. vantom

vantom Boxer

Can you explain it a little more?
    How to set checkpoints to load collected coins when player exit and open the game?

4. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

I'm stuck on the same issue @prskh13 ! The main menu UI has a play button with "Start Checkpoint" which takes me to the first level. I have several worlds, and the character hits an action "Set Checkpoint" every time it enters a new World. The issue is when I quit from the app and open it again it starts from the 1st world. Any obvious things I haven't done @heathclose ? See below for screenshot!

Explanation of setup:
    Main menu UI has play button with "Start Checkpoint" functionality which takes it to Intro world
    Set checkpoint in the beginning of every level (yes i make sure the character collides with the action)
    Menu jump at the end of level to jump to next level (where again, the character hits a Set Checkpoint)
    Game over Video reward event observer allows to skip to next World

Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 23.31.30.png

5. cpullma1

cpullma1 Boxer

Do you really need all those World UI's? All those worlds could use the same world and game over UI right?

6. nico

nico Boxer

Hey @Selasu did you figure this out? I have a similar issue. I suspect checkpoints wont work with multiple worlds because the start game will always take you to the first world. I'm worried checkpoints will only work with one world and multiple scenes within that world.

7. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, welcome to the Buildbox forum, please see several tutorials before asking questions.

https://www.buildbox.com/tutorials/
    https://www.buildbox.com/guides/