Menu Jump Sound Bug

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Kadri246, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

I have an enemy with a sound, the enemy spawns randomly from a position off the screen. When the character touches the menu jump logic piece, which is set to pause current world, the world does pause, but the enemy sound still plays after the new UI loads.

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

how long is the sound?

3. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

extremely short, but noticeable. As if buildbox told the sound engine to shut up, the character isn't dead yet lol

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If the sound gets triggered it will play until the end. This is with action the same. The only thing that stops playing is the main music (if you have another one in the new menu UI).

5. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Hey Guys,

Its a BB issue, we have a similar problem... when our character hits the menu jump with a action/power up activated, the sound continues to play even in the new world... but power up get left behind. We notified BB of this issue a few months ago.

6. mintymint

mintymint Boxer

Hi guys,

I also have similar problem, the action sound effects continues to play, which can be quite annoying to the player.

I manage to reduce the occurance by adding 2 very large (covered the whole screen) invisible audio buttons in the game UI, both need to disable block touch through and set function to sound effects.
    Basically, it keep resetting the sound effects. Not sure if this applicable to you guys.

I also add those 2 buttons to my pause button and continue buttons, thinking when such thing happen, user might press any available buttons on the UI :D.