Teleport players to different scenes using portals

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Larsin2459, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Larsin2459

Larsin2459 Boxer

I'm trying to teleport a player from 1 scene to another if they interact with a portal. Can portals be used across different scenes?

Example: Scene 1 has portal with group id 0, scene 10 has a exit only portal with group id 0. Scene 10 is normally unreachable unless you go through the portal in scene 1. Is this a possible scenario using portals?

2. JoSe_SuperBOXER

JoSe_SuperBOXER Boxer

I tried this too but was not able to find a solution for that. I also tried increasing the search radius, but i guess every search radius is attached to a specific scene. In the platformer demo there is a secret level which is using portals. Maybe this is a solution for your problem. Check the game mind map of the platformer demo out.

3. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Use menu jump - then connect that to another world (put the scene in that world)

JoSe_SuperBOXER likes this.
  4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

there's a video floating around here about checkpoints but I can't find it... but you would use checkpoints to warp from scene to scene in the same world...

5. Larsin2459

Larsin2459 Boxer

This might be the way to go, having a separate world actually sounds a lot cleaner than what I had in mind. Would this keep my current score running or would it reset? I assume score only resets when a Game Over is triggered?

If eyal's solution doesn't work out I'll have a go at this. I like the idea of keeping the world separated, keeps the project a lot cleaner.

eyal likes this.
  6. Larsin2459

Larsin2459 Boxer

I've managed to teleport the player across different worlds using the menu jump. But scores are kept separately between the 2 worlds. Is there any way for them to share the same score?