Get the checkpoints to save

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by iAttemptToMakeGames, Jun 28, 2016.

1. iAttemptToMakeGames

iAttemptToMakeGames Boxer

When my character gets to a checkpoint and goes to the main menu it starts again from the first checkpoint (level 1) Any ideas why?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

change your start button on the main menu to a start checkpoint button...

iAttemptToMakeGames likes this.
  3. iAttemptToMakeGames

I'll put all the things I need help with here so I don't waste threads.

1. For some reason the camera doesn't follow my character. So your not confused this is my endless mode which I have.

2. When I go to the next check point it cuts off a little bit of the side.. I duplicated the level so it should be the exact same. I̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶p̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶?̶?̶ ̶D̶i̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶?̶
    Fixed the level skipping. I forgot to add a set checkpoint on level2 but level

3. Camera does not follow my character..

EDIT: I even clicked align scenes.

I have tested the game on my phone and its just the same as how it runs on my pc. Hopefully somebody can help. Screenshot (44).png Screenshot (43).png

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  4. iAttemptToMakeGames

Another problem... Sometimes when character dies or goes to a certain part of scene the camera scrolls a little 2 the right and shows a little bit of the scene. Is there something like to stop the camera from moving?

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You have to select Start scene and then select that square looking icon on the top right, so the game field area will be shown. You can adjust that frame as well as it's color for each side. Legend should be there which color means what. Click on that line to change color... this is all you can do in terms of camera follow options. You can have a smaller game frame so camera can follow you character tight or bigger so it allows you to move a little bit left and right before camera start following.

6. iAttemptToMakeGames

Is this what that square looking icon is? Screenshot (45).png Screenshot (46).png

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Nope. This one:

index.png

8. iAttemptToMakeGames

Got it to work. Thanks

Christoph likes this.
  9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi all I am having the same problem. But this time my game is vertical. My game direction is -90 I put all the frame borders to the sides of the frame. I am actually trying to make a single screen game. But when my character touches next checkpoint and we jump to the next scene the screen shifts down a bit moving all my objects up mixing up with my UI. I realised this has got to with the position of my check point.

I really would appreciate the help.

Thank you.