Pixel memories (WIP)

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by EZKad, Jun 11, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

this is really cool, you definitely have better unification to bolster your theme of retro... it's really shaping up

EZKad likes this.
  2. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

haha this is EXACTLY what I wanted to do, I contacted Buildbox support for that but unfortunately there is no solution right now, they told me that a solution will be made available later.

btw : they used it in SKY game, so I suppose that the solution already exist but maybe still buggy to be released to the public

heathclose likes this.
  3. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

And here is a new iteration :) (number 4)
    - Polished the gameplay
    - Added some scenes
    - Added sounds and FX feedbacks
    - Calibrating difficulty in progress.... (this is not simple when using randomized scenes :D )

4. heathclose

I can't wait to play this, this is great. I really hope you get this by apple review without issue... seeing the new pacman thing suddenly gave me reason for alarm... the pong not so much... but fingers crossed... will you include "arthritis" in the keywords so my demo can find it?

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Very nice! With the first trailer I didn't like it that much but now it looks tremendous. Some very cool ideas in level design. Congrats. Regarding the copyrighted things heathclose mentions just don't use any of those in the description and you will be good to go. What else are you going to add?

6. cvhrnutds

cvhrnutds Boxer

Since it is an endless game it's quite obvious that the scenes would repeat at a certain point, but say we make about 50 or 100 of such scenes still the problem remains that the scenes might get repeated time and again without covering the entire scenes that we created. Wondering if there is a way in buildbox whereby a scene could only be repeated once all the scenes of the game have been played.
    P.s Just love your game, gave me those retro memories :)
    Good luck with it, wishing you the best :D

Roberto P likes this.
  7. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

I don't want to take risks, maybe should I remove the character like pacman and only use the level style ?
    I didn't get the "arthritis" suggestion :D do you have an application that detect this keyword ?

8. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Thank you man :) maybe I should remove the pacman-like character as mentioned above. of course I'm not using the characters names in the description.

but do you think that screenshots with those scenes will cause legal issues ? I don't think that level sprite similarity is copyrightable, but I don't want problems :D

9. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

I'd like to have more control of scene too, something like number of repetitions or force scene aparition ...etc
    but unfortunately there is no such feature in buildbox right now, but you have some control ... by mixing stacking and alignment of scenes you can achieve pretty good randomization while controling the diversifications .... for example in my game, some scenes will not apear before a given distance, others will not apear after a certain ditance .... I control the difficulty level this way :)

cvhrnutds likes this.
  10. GeekGamer94

GeekGamer94 Boxer

cooooool !!! reminds me of every single 8-bit popular games :D the graphics style and level designs are awazing as well <3 All the Best for your Launch..

11. heathclose

when you select a scene, on the right is a setting called play cooldown.. this number represents how many deaths occur before the scene will repeat

12. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

I was trying hard to understand how play cooldown work without success :D
    do you mean that the scene will apear, then when the player dies it'll not show again until the given number of deaths ?

13. heathclose

so if you put a 5 in there... if the screen appears at random, and you play through it... you won't see it again until after your 5th death.

EZKad and cvhrnutds like this.
  14. cvhrnutds

cvhrnutds Boxer

Wasn't aware of such an option, since i'm pretty much new to buildbox, i find your answers very helpful.
    Thanks for sharing your insights and helping people like us. (Y)

heathclose likes this.
  15. GeekGamer94

GeekGamer94 Boxer

heathclose likes this.
  16. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Hello,

This is the 5th iteration of Pixel memories :)
    • This version enhanced the UI with transitions and animations, to make scenes transitions smooth.
    • Added lot of coins, to boost reward effect.
    • The gameplay was polished, now the first 10 seconds are relatively simple and almost the same, then random scenes will start spawning.
    • there is also a difficulty progression in the game.
    • also enhanced the random apearance of the scenes, to prevent the sensation of "déjà-vu" when the player loose and replay (except for the first 10 seconds).
    • Finally, I started customizing other characters as this adds to the challenge the will to "unlock'em all" :D

here is the a gameplay video

Rebel Studios and Member_Game like this.
  17. heathclose

the dot seemed a lot faster... is that by design?

you use play cooldown for this?

can't wait... when is it releasing?

18. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

yes I used the cooldown feature and set it to only 2 so each scen will show once each two deths.

I'm currently discussing with a publisher to see if they're interested, if so I'll launch with them, the game is almost finished, but I'm iterating everyday to polish it.

anyway the launch will be in next coming weeks :)

19. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

We are preparing to release the game in September

here are some graphic creatives we'll use

game icon :
    [​IMG]

game banner :

[​IMG]

what do you think ?

russellartista likes this.
  20. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Update.
    The game is almost finished with load of features : Leaderboard, 20 unlockable characters, achievements and everyplay sharing (still a little buggy and no sound on android but working :) )

take a look at this gameplay video

also updated the game icon

[​IMG]

and another promo image for the presskit
    [​IMG]

Christoph likes this.