Update 2.2.0

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Deliverbo, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Jeff Wong

Jeff Wong Boxer

I have also updated to 2.2 and been experiencing problems with the animations not displaying from powerups. I sent in a file to support, so hopefully they will be able to sort it out.

The problem seems to be that animations don't actually play through all the images anymore, and are also locked to display over the character? This was not a problem with the previous version.

2. clin407

clin407 Boxer

I'm experiencing the same thing. upgraded, then played game and noticed the animations aren't running when i go over an action.

tanvir8955 likes this.
  3. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

My game entirely relies on it. It's so depressing. :(

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

@Andy @TreySmith I did notice that V2.2 was a lot smaller file size compared to previous versions. Was this a patch update or is there a major part missing from this update?

5. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

@Phill Mason - Most likely the export modules that seem to be now downloaded separately, which could be a demo related restriction ( I'm guessing ).

Phill Mason likes this.
  6. cvhrnutds

cvhrnutds Boxer

@Andy, quite a few people are also experiencing problems with the transform function where no assets are being shown in the affected asset bar, it only shows none.

7. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

@Andy @Jeff Wong This is exactly the case. Animations are a bit of a mess as of now.

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I can confirm, action animations are not showing. It just stays with 1 image.

I also experience another bug or not sure if it is just a change in the physics. It seems to be the time warp. My game is now much faster than it is in the previous version. I can literally switch between 2.1.1 and 2.2 and the game has a different speed. Is this something that changed @Andy? Is it just me or can anybody else confirm this? Weird that we have problems with things that according changelog weren't even touched. Not happy about this at all.

Also, all my characters disappeared in the character selector. This one is listed to be fixed but funny enough in my case it's the opposite.

9. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

I installed BB 2.2 and noticed that in the first run, it download all platforms modules then a message shows to tell you that platforms are ready and you can export your game.
    I think that they removed the platform modules from the installation package, and made them synchronized when buildbox is running.
    it's a good idea, I think it'll allow them to update the platforms specific modules on the fly :)

PS. I reverted back to BB 2.1.1 because of some issues, waiting for fixes ...

Phill Mason likes this.
  10. mattdev

mattdev Boxer

I have upgraded to 2.2 on OSX and have experienced multiple BB crashes since the update.

11. mattdev

mattdev Boxer

This is another issue, I also am experiencing.

12. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

when you update, it will send 2.1.1 to your trash, just pull it back out to your desktop for safe keeping... or dropbox... or whatever... run 2.1.1 from there...

trudnai, clin407 and Phill Mason like this.
  13. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Damn handy to know @heathclose I didn't even think to look in the trash, cheers bud :)

heathclose likes this.