Update 2.2.0

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Deliverbo, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

I was workin on my game earlier today and had about 5 crashes in several hours.

But since the new 2.2.0 update I've worked several more hours and have not had any crashes at all.
    I could not be happier.
    Thanks everyone at buildbox your all doing a
    great job :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    trudnai likes this.
  2. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

The action animation placement is not replacing character's animation
    Crashes when pressed remove unused image objects -_-

Deliverbo likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

So to update or not is here the question... :eek:

4. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

The update is working great over here. I'm on windows 10 home version :D

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I just installed the update and have several problems. One of them is with the action animations that are rotated. Very weird. I definitely went back to 2.1.1.

6. DreamBotStudios

DreamBotStudios Boxer

How does one go back to previous version? 2.1.1? Is there a link?

Deliverbo likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

There was but now it's already the updated 2.2. I always save each version to have a backup and I always install them together so I can switch if it's necessary. I still have 2.0.1, 2.1, 2.1.1 and now 2.2.

Deliverbo likes this.
  8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

If anyone can give details on this "action animation" and associated crash it would be greatly appreciated. We have not seen anything like this in testing. Please send details and BBDOC files to support@buildbox.com.

9. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

@Andy is there anyway to make BB be able to have an option to send a crash report with a click of a button. When a crash occurs it asks me if I want to send one but it is apple asking. Sorry if this already exists I'd like to know how to do it. I'm feeling like a problem child. When I test an app I give it to my 3 year old and he goes wild pressing all buttons and screen at the same time and proves to be the best beta tester I know. Lol. I seem to be able to generate crashes indiscriminately all the time. It makes working a project very difficult. I'm very discouraged right now. B

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Andy: I stay with 2.1.1 which works for my game. If you didn't see anything like that then I suppose it is a intended behavior. I had such things also happen when porting my game from BB1 to BB2 and send several emails to Sean but the only answer I got was that it all was intended and the ticket was closed. So no worries I just keep going with what I have. ;)

11. DreamBotStudios

DreamBotStudios Boxer

Its not crashing, I believe its the functionality.
    The Action Object, is not correctly working when a Powerup.
    For example, if you try to Overlap over the Powerup, it will Overlay the Hero. (Not the Powerup).

12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@DreamBotStudios you can choose to place the animation overlay on the powerup or on the character. If you still think something is wrong I encourage you to send details and example to support@buildbox.com. We read everything that comes through and will consider if changes are needed based on feedback.

Deliverbo likes this.
  13. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@INKY it's something we would like to do but have not done it yet. But honestly clear instructions on how to produce a crash (if known) are 100 times more valuable.

14. DreamBotStudios

DreamBotStudios Boxer

Yes, here is what I am trying to do:

When Hero goes thru Pipe (Which is a Powerup Action Object). I want the Pipe to Be Animated.

The Process:
    - I place an Action Object(Powerup) in Scene.
    - When hero passes thru it, I make it animate (overlay, single, with delay of 60 seconds before death of Powerup)

Issue that is happening:
    My Hero takes the Powerup Image (Even though my Powerup Shows it Overlay of itself)

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Got it, thanks, we will check this out.

16. DreamBotStudios

DreamBotStudios Boxer

@Andy Do you of an alternate way of making an Object or Item on Scene, animate?
    Currently I was using Powerup, but would transform do this or some other method?

Thanks

17. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I would start a new thread, with an appropriate title and give a description of exactly what your trying to do. I don't know enough about exactly what you want to give you an answer at this point. But I'm sure there are people on the forum who can help.

18. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

I guess I don't know how you all go about releasing versions. I assume if it worked before an update you do or don't test to see if it still does? Like converting BB1 to BB2 that's all my last crash was. Take a project built with old version...convert it and it crashes after no modifications...just clicking play to see if it functions. Same thing with my last one before that...which I sent. I have no way of knowing if it was fixed. I'm not going to start a build up to that point again to find out if it crashes. Seems if a bug report is sent there should...would be nice to get a "hey we fixed it...next update". My whole point was I am not fond of sending crash reports instead of building games. I'm certain you understand paying to build...and prefer not to spend the time finding ways to crash BB. Grrrrr

19. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We test every bug after it is fixed and we have a release testing process that covers most major subsystems before we make any release. It's almost impossible to test every single feature used in every way possible. That said we are always trying to improve our process. We have some things we are going to do different next time around.

If you can give me a support ticket number I can give you an update.

20. el_mehdi_h2

el_mehdi_h2 Boxer

@Andy, in this version 2.2 the ads don't show's up (banner, interstetial), i'm using just the the testing codes of admob and i want to know if the problem with the libpng is resolved ?
    thanks.