Export to ios.,new to ios

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Fiepaper, Jun 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fiepaper

Fiepaper Boxer

im new with apple and ios., i want to export my game to ios and sent it to a publisher.. do i need to have a apple developer account just to export to ios? i want to try my game on iphone,,.. for android, u just export the game to APK and copy it to your phone, and give the APK to publisher., but i dont know about ios.,anyone ? :)

2. Fiepaper

Fiepaper Boxer

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You can build for ad-hoc distribution which creates an IPA file (iPhone App). That is pretty much the equivalent to APK. You can send that or host it.

However, some publisher may prefer AppStore TestFlight distribution as it is easier for them. They dictate so you have to provide that if you want a deal. For that you need an Apple dev program.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Fiepaper and Christoph like this.
  4. Fiepaper

Fiepaper Boxer

i see., thanks for the answers.. ill learn all this stuff.,it's more complicated than i think~

5. Fiepaper

Fiepaper Boxer

heya.. one quetion.. do i need to have an apple mac do all this.? or i can do all this on windows?

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

macincloud.com

ramiucef likes this.
  7. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Hi Heathclose , about maincloud , when i get my mac , can i copy all my data from maincloud to it without any problem ?

8. heathclose

when I used macincloud, I saved everything in dropbox so I can access it from anything anywhere

ramiucef likes this.
  9. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

so that won't be a problem , thanks heathclose :)

heathclose likes this.
  10. Fiepaper

Fiepaper Boxer

thanks., is it posible to take the 1$ per hour plan just to make my ios game? it's not taking too much time right?.. and i was thinking to own Apple Mac mini.., does it works with our topic right now?

11. heathclose

Mac mini is a great option if you have one

12. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

@Fiepaper Your initial question: To export to iOS.
    BuildBox exports to Multiple Platforms, iOS included. Doesn't matter what computer you are using.
    However, to create an IPA file, you need to use Apple's Xcode. So to use Xcode to compile, it has to be in an Apple OS environment, whether it is Hackintosh or an actual Apple computer. If you only have windows, then you can send your exported file to a dev-for-hire to compile for you. But really this is where the problems begin, because you will still need an Apple Developer's Certificate and create the game Bundle ID and the provisioning profiles... So, yes you need an Apple Developer Account. Never heard of a $1/hour plan. It's $99/year.
    If you think that your first BB game for iOS will be picked up by a publisher, good luck with that. So you will probably self-publish some until you really think you have an awesome hit on your hands.
    So if you are committed to producing more Apple Games (iOS, Mac, AppleTV) then you need to invest in a Mac. A Mac Mini is not a bad starting point, because you can use your existing monitor and keyboard. Or, depending on your budget get a used computer that's just a couple years old.

Fiepaper likes this.
  13. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Right so if you know what to do then it does not take too much of time. But to learn how to make and user certificates and change those little things on the exported code to make it perfect might need some learning curve. Maybe you will spend 8-16-48 hours at first time and can reduce this time as you get more and more confidence on this platform. Still lot less than buying a Mac. However, once you get used to a Mac you will not want Windows anymore, just saying :)

Fiepaper likes this.
  14. Fiepaper

Fiepaper Boxer

thanks for ur attention on this matter., what i mean by 1$/hour is for "Maincloud.com"., btw.,after reading your post i got a new direction now and i know what to do now.,thx to evryone :)

ajcoryat likes this.
  15. Fiepaper

Fiepaper Boxer

yeah.. i think mac is hard to use., just like u said mybe i just havent use to it yet,, it also looks more professional making apps on mac..haha,,it must be worth the price.,"english error"*