Creating doors

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by otkat, Jun 15, 2016.

1. otkat

otkat Boxer

Hey everyone!

Do you know if there is a way to make a door open one-way (attaching a picture for better understanding).
    So basically, I want to do a game where you search rooms for coins and you can go to one room and go out of it pushing the door (that can be pushed back and forth), but there are some "trap" rooms that you can enter (pushing the door) but you cannot go out as the physics closes the door once you enter and you cannot push it the other way.
    Hope that will help :)
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. otkat

otkat Boxer

Hey guys, has anyone any ideas on this? I was trying to to using teleport but that won't be exactly what I would want. Maybe someone knows how to stick an object to a wall so that you can touch so it sort of dangles

3. alexnestor

alexnestor Boxer

What if you add one more invisible object with opacity 0 like a ball, and use magnet link connecting it with the door object. I used that in One hit game to make a stick rotate like an axe, and not around its core.

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

So just brainstorming untested, but what about an invisible platform on the side of the door you go in , set up with pass through pointed at the door, but coming back the door buts up against the platform and your trapped.

Fiepaper likes this.
  5. otkat

otkat Boxer

Thanks, guys! will try it out and reply here.

6. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

For the door that close and open you can make it open at collison give it a velocity value and use transform logic to close it again