Getting the downloads

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Asmstudio7, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Asmstudio7

Asmstudio7 Boxer

Hello folks so the games I have made with buildbox are getting downloads. People are playing them and even at times leaving decent reviews, yet I noticed my admob account is not really going up. My downloads are, but my admob money gain is just not doing much.
    When someone opens an app and an ad is displayed does that start the generation of money or must the person actually click the ad?

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

It depends on, you can choose to serve ads for impressions or per click through or installs. Most probably you have this latter one and no one really clicks on ads. There can be many reasons for that including your retention rate might be not so great (people may only plays with your games for minutes and never come back) and/or ads are not relevant for your audience.

3. skhotoveli

skhotoveli Boxer

How many ad impression do you have? In my experience with admob I get about $2 per 1000 impressions

4. Asmstudio7

Asmstudio7 Boxer

@skhotoveli an impression is when the ad is simply displayed,right? The player does not actually have to click the ad to get an impression?

5. skhotoveli

skhotoveli Boxer

Yes. But in admob you don't get paid for impressions. You get paid for clicks. In my game, a 1000 impressions translated into $2 worth of clicks.

6. Asmstudio7

Asmstudio7 Boxer

@skhotoveli admob does not pay for impressions only clicks? Hrm do any ad networks pay for impreaaions?