Publishers - What options do we boxers have?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Christoph, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Christoph Now that you've explained what your numbers represent, I understand why you're posting the numbers. The fact that you're basing them off Game Center, doesn't take into account Google Play or Amazon and Game Center is not accurate in the first place. With that said, if you added a legend or explained your columns, it would make your list a lot clearer. If you added something like Company Name | Type of Games Published | Estimated Installs per iOS Game it would at least let people know what your list is trying to represent and thus it would make more sense.

You can also find some publishers here http://www.pocketgamer.biz/list/62773/top-50-mobile-game-developers-of-2016/grid/

Ishamahes, Kevin W and Christoph like this.
  2. CanalSoft

CanalSoft Boxer

My app numbers says you must apply a 2,44 multiplier. 100 users in game center are 244 apps downloaded, numbers goes up and down from one app to others, for example, i have multipliers like x3,10 or x1,75, probably most downloaded apps never opened by users.

This is not a rule, this is just my numbers.

Christoph likes this.
  3. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Guys, how can we protect our intellectual property (and get the share) when we let our app to be published under the account of publishers? I mean if there is any electronic contract between us and publishers ?

4. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

There will always be a contract in place - any publisher that doesn't issue one, isn't a publisher you want to do business with. It is that simple.

Ishamahes and mmo822011 like this.
  5. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Here are some publishers/ companies I found that help/ publish games developed by (indie) game developers. Hope this help all of us getting the success and exposure we earn :D

Cheers~

PS forgot to mention it, but if you have an paid game app, humblebundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/developer/widget#features might be a great way to make money and get exposure :)

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Thanks stenturk for your links, but I'm not sure about them since they seem not to be publishers in the classic term, but rather advisers or managers so to speak for developing your publishing strategy. I simply can not understand what they really do. And the Fanlinghua link isn't even opening, a quick Google search gave me nothing.

7. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

You don't have to use publishers. Dan Counsell had some good success with his own paid game. It is however going to be tougher on your own because you will have to do the marketing and promotion. But you can do it.

8. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

Just wondering - does Game Center report ALL users or just users in your home country?

9. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

I am just getting started with games, but I put out a wallpaper app and it got a million downloads completely on my own without doing anything. I didn't use any "publisher". The key is good keywords, screenshots, and icon - and of course a high quality app people want to use and will return to. Another thing to do is link your apps together. Notice that Ketchapp does that. Download one of their apps and its pointing you to their other apps. This really helps drive downloads.

10. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Game centre covers all users but only those who have opted in - so its never accurate.

11. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Game Center only applies to iOS and does not apply to Google Play or Amazon Store.

12. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

That wasn't the question.

dmmcmah likes this.
  13. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Some of them do publish your game if they think its good enough :)

And yes you're correct as well. They can help you with a strategy resulting in many downloads without them publishing your game

14. nanovation

nanovation Boxer

@Christoph We are very honored that you have put us on this list. Thank you kindly, Sir! We will do our best to uphold our duty to developers and get their creations noticed to as much people as possible.

15. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

@nanovation Are the listed average installs correct? 20,000 - 250,000

16. Sajalsh_25

Sajalsh_25 Boxer

Thanks Man! I Was hoping Someone Must've Opened A thread For this!:)
    Looking For A Pulbisher For My New game! ;)

17. benneybowy

benneybowy Boxer

18. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@benneybowy There was zero luck involved in Fortafy's success with @Machine Rises Color Switch. Every download and user was hard earned by the team at Fortafy Games. If you think "luck" gets you 100,000,000 downloads, you don't understand the business of publishing or the App Store.

19. UpperCat

UpperCat Avid Boxer

someone got experience with Chillingo Games (EA) ? How much do they take from the revenue

20. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Btw back in years AppStore had a "new apps of the week" and regardless of what app reviewers think of your game it was listed in there anyways. Basically everyone had his chance. But since Apple changed that there is no any other way than ASO and hard core marketing.