Anyone Want To Colab?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Depuuty, May 25, 2016.

1. betayogi

betayogi Boxer

Any unfinished project ?

2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yah its hard to work together on one game....one person makes changes...as other does....hen you have to swap bbdoc files but then theres no way to add each others works into it. Best idea is to have ONE guy in BB, have one guy whos an artist create the visuals etc.

3. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

It's actually not that hard to pull off if you divide the work into different worlds. Also if you live in a different time zone or work different hours than the other people in the team it is really easy to make it work. Plus if you have a side project you can work on that while someone else is working on the major project.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yah but if youre making the first 3 worlds, and im making say worlds 4 through 6....we both finish....we still have 2 different bbdoc files. We cannot combine the 2.

5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Only way would be for you to finish your work, then send other guy your bbdoc...then when he finishes....he sends it back etc

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Hmmm, think i just figured out a way to combine two different bbdoc files.......
    EDIT: Ok, definitely figured out how multiple people can combine all their BBDOC files into one for final project BUT, You have to be careful as it will overwrite other members work. So say i setup the min map this way....The last bbdoc file i add into the final will overwrite all of that. Only way is to know which exact files are different. For example one NO ONE messes with the mind map, or sound.....etc. Your job is solely levels x to x. Then i would take ONLY those files and add them in. But then i have issue of them not showing up on mindmap. lol anyways....BB should make a combine bbdocs option.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016