Create Music

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by kodagames, Nov 20, 2015.

1. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Hello fellow builboxers,

I have just stumbled on a what I think is an excellent way to add music to your games!

Simply select Genres and/or Instruments from a large selection of sounds then simply add it to the timeline (with the click of a button) and press play, you can also preview the sounds before adding them to the time line and while your timeline song plays.

Oh.. you do all of this in your web browser nothing to download. Also they suggest using google chrome and I had trouble getting the "getting started video" to work in Safari so I downloaded google chrome and had no issues after that and now have a half decent background beat for my first buildbox game.

Here's the link, Enjoy!
    http://looplabs.com/beta

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. GeoffB

GeoffB Boxer

Careful using with any games you want to make money with. From their Terms of Service page: "The Service, the Looplabs Tracks and the Combined Tracks are intended for your personal, non-commercial use." :(

3. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

4. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Ouch!
    I should have read the fine print thats brutal. Is there a way to change the post title? or a way to delete this post altogether I guess its kind of mute now if it can't be used commercially (I don't want anyone to get in trouble).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes. You can change the title. On top of the thread is a drop down menu called: Thread Tools

And before doing anything, check if there is an option to acquire the rights for commercial use. With luck it doesn't cost a lot of money.

6. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Ive written them hopefully they respond with some good news? :D

7. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yeah that is not creating music, that is using one illegally...

8. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Anyone have another source to get legal royalty free music/sounds for games?

9. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

Freesound.org has creative commons licenses on most stuff there. Most of it is attribution meaning you need to credit the source in your commercial use.

In my video work I have used them from time to time when my personal sound library does not cover what I need.

10. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

I also stumbled across this one which seems to function quite the same as the one above and this time I read the license agreement :) https://soundation.com

They do allow commercial productions.
    There are a few exceptions but the main one being:
    Any multimedia or game product DVD/CD or web game that includes isloated sounds from PowerFX.

I've written them for clarification to find out if mixed loops can be in commercial games (waiting for a response).

There is a sound shop which in my opinion is priced very nice (i've seen 62 loops for $13.00).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  11. betayogi

betayogi Boxer

I am new here and replying this old thread first, sorry for that.
    But I think this article on finding royalty free music might help you all.

12. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

I make my music using FL Studio, Generally EDM or Trap. I know its hard to make music on it but if you know how to use it well you can create a masterpiece.
    Like shit music? I make that too!
    http://soundcloud.com/nayam-amarshe

Though FL Studio is available for free as a demo, if you're smart enough, you know where to get full version for free.