Cross Promo.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by adtn64, Jun 8, 2016.

1. adtn64

adtn64 Boxer

Hi,

Can some one help me on how to startup cross promo via Heyzap or Chartboost ?

BB support says ypu need a programmer. I have a programmer in my team, if some one can guide us, we would be really greatful.

Thanks.
    Aditya.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Cross promotion in Heyzap only works with your own games. With Chartboost you can set it up with other publishers, correct me if I'm wrong. But you do everything on the Dashboard online. You only will need a programmer if you want to set up Tapdaq or other third party SDKs Buildbox doesn't use by default.

3. adtn64

adtn64 Boxer

@Christoph Hey yeah even to my knowledge you set everthing up in the Dashboard, but BB support says you need a programmer and my Publisher says you need to integrate the tag for the cross promo, I'm honestly lost, and need some help with this. will need to figure this out.

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If you use Heyzap in general and enable cross-promotion in Chartboost it will appear like every other ad. Not sure how Heyzap would decide though to give your cross promotion a higher priority than a high CPI ad from, let's say, Unity. So this probably will not work if you have other ad networks set up and I don't believe that there is a way around this.

So this basically leaves you only two options:
    1. set up chartboost directly in Buildbox as the only provider of interstitial ads for which you wouldn't need any additional code
    2. use the cross promotion from Heyzap for which you won't need any additional code either because it gets fetched like every other add from the Heyzap server (your publisher need to set it up here: https://developers.heyzap.com/dashboard/crosspromo/new)

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong.