No score resetting

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Coyowl, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

Hello guys,

I recently exported my game for iOS and noticed, after a few runs, that the game doesn't reset the score after the character dies. when a new game starts it already has a high number and it keeps adding to it while playing. To display the score in my UI I use: Score, All Worlds, Points, Current.
    I also noticed the same issue with another Buildbox game that I was playing "Impact Ball".
    Any ideas?

Thank you
    Kozax

2. steve_bucci

steve_bucci Boxer

I'm having the same issue when I test my game. I'm using the distance for the score and the gravity game template.

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

This should be fixed in 2.1.1 which is in release testing now. If you want to be sure it fixes your particular situation I would email a sample BBDOC file and steps to reproduce your issue to support@buildbox.com so we can confirm.

Coyowl and telerebor like this.
  4. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

Hello again!
    Thank you for your reply. I exported my game now with the new Buildbox version but with every new level it resets the score. The settings I use are:
    -Score
    -All Worlds

Am I doing something wrong?
    Thank you!

Kozax

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You might want Total instead of Current not 100% sure. There are some things that are not supported right now like repeating worlds in the same session, it sometimes messes with some of the scoring.

Communicate with support@buildbox.com so we can get into detail with your particular configuration. There is no way for me to make a speculation as to what might be wrong or what you might need to do to fix.