How To Share

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Depuuty, May 28, 2016.

1. Depuuty

Depuuty Avid Boxer

Hello..

Does anyone know of a way(s) to colab (work together) with friends/fam on BuildBox?
    Like how to share files
    or
    how to work on the same project at the same time (teamviewer)
    or
    any other methods of working with someone who lives in another country..
    Thanks in advance for any tips/tricks.​

2. zamiruddin

zamiruddin Boxer

i want to know the same thing. I use Dropbox for this, but here, she can work only if I finish my side and leave the bbdoc in dropbox folder. that somehow meets our need but if there's any system to work on colab, would be great to know.

3. alexnestor

alexnestor Boxer

You can easily use software like Dropbox, Google Drive and of course skype for communication. I am working with indie teams from all around the world for some years now, on games with engines like Unreal and Unity and I am sure that if you want and stay active with the others even simple methods like dropbox will do the job fine. Just get a schedule down for work timezones and such and you will succeed.

The most important factor so far was to just stay active and motivated. If someone starts going less active = less motivation = other activities get your interest = project doomed

4. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Keep in mind you cannot work on the same file at the "same time".

Depuuty likes this.
  5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

One obvious way to collaborate on bbdoc is to divide work horizontal, not vertical. In other words you divide by function, not by work load. So one works on level creation while other(s) on art like graphics and music and marketing material. And you leave the game design principles and the role of merging arts into bbdoc for yourself.

For vertical division you can have a well defined method to time share bbdoc editing by defining who is doing what and when. If you have contractors in APAC, EMEA and AMER it might be relatively easy. Maybe you can also use yourself as a semaphore, so anyone who wants to work on the file needs to ask permission first from you to do so.

Depuuty and JustWatchApps like this.
  6. Depuuty

Depuuty Avid Boxer

I know how I said in the past for you to be my "lawyer"
    I think you have been reassigned to case manager (with a promotion)

trudnai likes this.