Getting your game out there(list of 200 game review/news/press sites)

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by stenturk, Apr 9, 2016.

1. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

I don't know if this is the right topic. If not it can be moved to the right section of this forum :)
    Anywayz, I found this list. It is a list existing of mobile game review/ news/ press sites.
    Perhaps handy for people here that are looking for a (free) way of promotion and exposure of their game(s).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JsEeeXp_g4nVNlBYTSKGh-KlPI/edit#gid=551061784

Besides that just share and ask on social media. Most of your friends and family will share/ tell other people.
    Make a facebook page and official site for your game and start sharing content before you lauch/ publish your game. You could create exitement and hype before the release.

It might be a lot of work contacting a lot of these sites, but if that might result in downloads why not? :p

Of course when you find a publisher that is willing to publish your game that is awesome as well :D

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. miguelnievas

miguelnievas Boxer

Great List.. Thanks A lot..

3. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Thank you for that .. really

4. chadh0130

chadh0130 Boxer

A great way to approach this list, as I have done in the past with all tedious tasks that take up a lot of my time, is to hire a Virtual Assistant.

It sounds odd at first, but the benefits are huge. Most entrepreneurs starting out get burnt out or get stuck in a rut thinking about all the things they have to do, and not knowing where to start so things fall to the wayside and never get done. This is where a virtual assistant can really save your arse. Companies like 123employee, or folks on elance, upwork offer their time to do the work for you in exchange for a daily or hourly rate.

You could for example type a generic email about your game/app, introduce yourself, your company and talk about how your app or game can help with their problems and/or offer value in exchange for writing a review of your game. Hire a VA for $6-9/hr, depending on where they are in the world. Write up a simple one page training document that you can then hand off to that virtual assistant that outlines their tasks along with the list of 200 reviewers. Get the VA to copy and paste the email you had written, instruct them to address the email to the reviewers name and website and send the email on your behalf with an email address provided by you. Saves you potentially hours of work for a little investment.

Part of being an entrepreneur is figuring out the best ways to optimize your business while getting your time back so you can focus on what you do best. Hope this bit helps.