Bullets don't kill

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by robert_rackstraw, Oct 26, 2015.

1. robert_rackstraw

robert_rackstraw Boxer

Hi guys,

I have a character who fires snot at mushrooms, (don't ask).

The snot comes out fine and hits the mushrooms, but the mushrooms don't vanish. They just get pushed along.
    The snot is set to Character Bullet with Collide ON and Destroy Enemy set. The mushrooms are set to Enemy, with Collide On. But they appear to be indestructible at present.

Harrumph.

RR

2. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

Do you have the snots damage set high enough to kill the mushrooms health value?

3. robert_rackstraw

robert_rackstraw Boxer

I do. The snot is set at Health 1, Damage 100 and the Mushrooms have Health 1, Damage 10.

The snot just pings off them and piles up in front.

4. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

As long as one object is set to "Destroy Enemy" and the other is set to "Destroy Character" they should damage each other. And depending on the health / damage values one or the other may be destroyed. I've never had any issues with this. Double check everything and maybe try to create another enemy with a damage value of 0 and health value of 1 just for testing. Some pics of your settings may help, and worst case you can always email support@buildbox.com if you give up and are really having trouble getting it to work.

5. robert_rackstraw

robert_rackstraw Boxer

Thanks for your help. The mushrooms weren't set to Destroy Character, because I just wanted them to slow him down, not kill him. Now I've changed that, the Snot destroys the Mushrooms OK, but if you miss a mushroom, the Snot still piles up. Annoying.

6. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

You could try changing the snot to "No Collide", they will still hurt the mushrooms but their momentum will not be stopped by other objects. This way they could continue their motion and hopefully disappear off screen. Just an idea. Good luck!