How to make character jump while the run button hold down ?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mmo822011, May 26, 2016.

1. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Hi
    My character has a run which is implemented by Advance Move. The problem is when I hold down the run button, then press Jump at the same time, the character won't jump. It only jump if the character is in idle. How can I make the character Jump (if button jump is pressed) while run button is hold down. I tried Ghost Jump, and my character can both run and jump but the animation of jump and run will play at the same time.

Please help

2. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

How

mmo822011 likes this.
  4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Rex from Toy Story :) Sorry couldn't resist :)

Yes, please explain how you did it, for the BB community. "Solved" doesn't help anyone with the same problem, thanks.

mmo822011 likes this.
  5. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

I'm sorry guys.

I just thought no body could get the problems like I met. The reason is that I don't use the Move Left and Move Right built in BB but using the Advance Move. I guess, BB developers design the Advance Move for adding action that they might not think of, and so the Advance Move functions isolate with the built-in action like jump, move, ect. And the reason I switch to Advance Move is because when I use the built-in Move Left and Move Right the animation didn't work. When I hold down the button, only 1 image in the animation sequence show up. And that is because I forgot to set Loop in the animation editor.

So, my problem is solved by using the built-in Move Left and Move Right, and set the loop on in the Animation Editor.

Again, sorry for my short message "Solved" :). I'm embarrassed for this. I just thought I didn't pay attention into detail and no body could get an issue like this. That's why I just leave a short message, so no one could waste his/her time to reply.

Thanks guys

Phill Mason likes this.
  6. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

No need to apologies or be embarrassed, thanks for sharing your findings, very helpful :)

mmo822011 likes this.
  7. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

agreed, glad you got it working and the solution is searchable

mmo822011 likes this.