Google Play Developer Console - Achievements warning

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Pandemonium, May 25, 2016.

1. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

Hi guys,

I'm planning to release an Android version of my game soon,
    - and going through the guides on the BB website helps a lot,
    - I'm 99% done (GP says the game is ready to publish),
    but I remembered in the old guides, in order for game services to work, you needed 5 dummy achievements,
    they don't have this part in the current guides, but I filled that part in ...

- Now I have this error/warning on GP Dev Console:

[​IMG]

"
    Detected incorrect implementation
    Your game has incorrectly implemented the following Play Games services: Achievements.
    "

- Is this just a warning or it needs to be fixed in order for everything to work nicely?
    - I mean, I can dismiss it and still publish, but I'm afraid that this would cause some Leaderboards screw-ups...

2. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Yes you can totally dismiss it! But you just need to add at least 5 achievements, they can be totally non-functional. I published without any problem!

3. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

I actually DID add 5 achievements, but that warning came out anyway - that's what worried me...
    - I know the game will publish - but I want working Leaderboards too :)

[​IMG]

4. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

I did set up my leaderboard in BB and in google dashboard but for some reason it doesn't work for me.. So on a real device when I click leaderboards - nothing happens.. Please let me know if you happen to get them working!

5. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Anyone know where to get the 'Game Services ID' from in the GP Dev Center? Thanks. BB has 2 blank fields, Game Services ID and Version Code. This is in BB V1.3.5 by the way. Thanks.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes. When you go to the Game Service tab and select your game, it's the number just beneath the title of your game. Something like: 1043669419664

The Version Code can be set by yourself. It has nothing to do with Game Service. You can set it up in Buildbox or later in Eclipse in the Android Manifest. Remember that the version name is like the version of your game. Your initial release is for example 1. And version code can be 1 too. But when you do an update then the version code is always integer. The next update needs to be higher than the previous one which in this case could be 2 even if the Version name is something like 1.0.1

1.png

Phill Mason likes this.
  7. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer