BuildBox Wishlist. Whats yours?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AppNasty, Apr 16, 2016.

1. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Oh... I've got another suggestion. A buildbox application, that you can download to your device (android / iPhone / iPad / etc.) and sync your buildbox game to the application through wifi to demo your game on any device you choose.

This would make it a fast way to test your game to see how it looks on a device without having to go through the build process of android / iPhone / etc.. Over wifi for immediate results.

Just a thought, not an impending feature (something like this could wait, so many other features that are more important :))

Qdeveloper likes this.
  2. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

Id like to be able to post games on Facebook. Is that Html5?

Qdeveloper likes this.
  3. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Yep.

comicsmathias likes this.
  4. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Hi, in my platformer game, the ground is not even, I wish that BB has a line collision shape

5. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Another suggestions i would like to see in BuildBox 2 !.

1- Tileset ghraphic support.

Making level editor more easy, Beside dropping images and objects.

2- World/UI component (Play Music, Loop/Not Loop):

Can be added multiple times, Work on Gameplay and GUI Scenes.

3- Object component (Make objects/character invisible):

if i want to make hidden elements in the game, yet i want take the advantage of collision and other setups.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

you mean better than duplicate object by pressing W,A,S,D keys?

You can either delete the animation completely or make the sprite opacity to 0 so it becomes invisible. Click on the X on the animation or the pencil and then on the pencil again to launch the sprite editor, and set opacity to zero

Qdeveloper likes this.
  7. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Yes, Something similar to this, But using mouse instead of touch screen.

which you can define the grid size, using pen to draw, select and other basic stuff, And of-course you will have an external window for the tilesheets texture to navigate across the scenes.

I'm aware of this, but the issue you will not be able to see it in the editor, Also using opacity if I'm not mistaken will have performance issue, While my suggestion supposed to ignore the render code for such object.

This useful if you want to have a hidden object for sounds or other event as well, I'm currently using the opacity method for the game I'm working on.

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

0 or 1 opacity is not a performance hit... only if you use something in between.

Qdeveloper likes this.
  9. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

This is not possible with mouse unfortunately but with keys on your keyboard you can do quite a bit like that. Drag one object on screen and then duplicate it with pressing "D": That places duplicate onto the right, right next to the previous object. Keep pressing D to quikly draw a line with that object (tile). You can also copy to up, down and left by pressing W,S,A keys respectively.

Other trick is to make one basic level and then clicking on the level (down on that level selector), pressing D duplicates the level. You can make variants very quickly like that.

Qdeveloper likes this.
  10. aoune_l

aoune_l Boxer

just simple shift +select All , would be a great progress , and having stable version without bugs

11. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

12. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

It's measured in the amount of pixels the scene moves from an object before the object deleted

13. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Ok so can I think basically make scenes much larger than the default Sven size ?

Like a motor cross with uber jumps that take character up and floor disappears...then comes back down and floor appears again ?

Or like my jump game where instead of death if falls below scene...(floor)....he could fall all the way back down to start ?

14. heathclose

Your delete threshold has no limit (that I am aware of) but keep in mind a threshold of 45,000 pixels will impact performance without clearing up memory of everything... @VectologyGames what delete threshold are you using for Numi? You have some massive scenes in that world.. And how does it play on a device?

Christoph likes this.
  15. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Numi will load different parts of the level when the character reaches a certain area.

Christoph likes this.
  16. heathclose

Please elaborate

17. VectologyGames

Each section will have a menu jump for larger stage transitions and barriers that will block the player from backtracking.

Christoph likes this.
  18. heathclose

ahhh, so what delete threshold are you using with success?

19. VectologyGames

I'm working on a formula at the moment. I will share once I'm finished. But one thing I can share now is that power-ups are huge resource hogs.

20. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes. Actions in general even though BB2 handles them much better than BB1. I also can add that the loading time of the game gets incredibly slow when you have a lot of wake up and spawner components. They load as slow as the images in the atlases. I really hope there will be a better handling of that (like @TreySmith mentioned in a fb post) because right now it is very difficult to add different modes when everything uses components.