Apk upload error

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Asmstudio7, May 21, 2016.

1. Asmstudio7

Asmstudio7 Boxer

Hello folks! So after making my game in buildbox, I exported the files and generated an apk file using android studio. When I launch google play dev account and go to drag and drop my apk into the store listing im getting this.

***You uploaded an APK with an invalid version code, a version code must be specified and should be a positive integer.

You need to use a different package name because "com.companyname.gamename" already exists in Google Play.***

Firstly im a bit new, so the package name thing error code...i'v no idea what in the world that is...I never made any sort of package name like that? unsure what that even means.

Invalid version code? ugh...? no idea what or where to enter that? In buildbox under my game settings the version is 1.

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

You need to change com.companyname.gamename to your own.
    EG: com.asmstudio7.myawesomegame
    Or whatever you want to change it too

3. Asmstudio7

Asmstudio7 Boxer

Where do I change that name? As iv never set that sorta name. Do I set that in buildbox? Android studio?

4. playsgames6666

Set it in build box

5. Asmstudio7

Asmstudio7 Boxer

Alrighty so...i'v explored a little today with my apk upload onto google play and im still getting this

You uploaded an APK with an invalid version code, a version code must be specified and should be a positive integer.

You need to use a different package name because "com.companyname.gamename" already exists in Google Play.

Now in buildbox my game is named Welcome to the Neon. When I save it, I save it as welcome to the neon. I then open android studio and generate signed apk. I fill out all the required fields and such. No where, at any point in time did I ever name anything "Com.companyname.gamename" I have no idea what this is or where to even look to 'fix this' in the settings in buildbox nothing is named that. No where in my game files contains "Come.companyname.gamename" im sorta having an issue with what seems to be an easy fix..i just don't know where to look to even fix this. @playsgames6666 you said set this in buildbox..well I went into buildbox and like I said...I don't see anything named that.

6. playsgames6666

@Asmstudio7
    Hey i attached an image, the blue highlighted part is where you need to add your com.whatever.whatever
    and the version code needs to be 1
    Screenshot 2016-05-22 13.21.34.png

7. Asmstudio7

Asmstudio7 Boxer

@playgames666 well that made it simple. Thank you!

playsgames6666 likes this.