Google Play Services: app misconfigured!!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by mohammadalib, Apr 9, 2016.

1. mohammadalib

mohammadalib Boxer

I have set up my game properly and followed the guides. Correctly input leaderboard ID, Game services ID and license key. In the google play developers console it says this app is using game services and my leaderboard is published but when I attempt to open the leaderboards icon it says "Google Play Services: app misconfigured". Can someone please help with this issue?

FerZ likes this.
  2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello.

Attached Files:

• A.pdf
      File size:
      157 KB
      Views:
  3. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

I am having the same problem each time the game is launched on any android device. After the Load Screen a google wheel appears rotating and then the message "Google Play Services: App Misconfigured" appears.

4. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

I have this problem too, I wonder if Game Service ID is called Application ID which is 12 digits in Google Play Developer Console ?

5. gabrielcmoura1

gabrielcmoura1 Boxer

@FerZ , @mmo822011
    Did you guys find a solution for that? I'm getting the same problem here, and I have no ideia what happened.

6. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Hi
    at my end, I just need to have the version of the game installed in my phone is the same version that is published on the Google play store, and the "app misconfigured" problem is solved

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The APK needs to be signed with the production certificate (keystore) for game services to work.

8. gabrielcmoura1

gabrielcmoura1 Boxer

Hello @Andy ,

yes, we know that, but unfortunately we're still getting that "app misconfigured". We have our production certificate , we linked the app using
    keytool -exportcert -alias "aliiasName" -keystore "path" -list -v , to find the SHA1, but it just doesn't work. We have an android game, and we made it without problem.

9. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

Same problem here @Andy

- I have everything greenlit and check-marked - still seeing "app misconfigured"

- buildbox settings - check
    - linked app - check
    - 5 achievements - check
    - leaderboard - check
    - signed APK - check

dotcasualgames likes this.
  10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

It's a setup issue, if you have followed the upload guide exactly and you can't get it working you can email support@buildbox.com and include your BBDOC file so we can check it for issues.

11. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Make sure for the bundle name to be the exact same your sorting.
    Also you didn't have uploaded the same game with different keystore before.

12. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

Hi. To those getting that error with all things done correctly, uninstall the app (installed thru eclipse). Reinstall using the apk you uploaded to google console.
    The eclipse-installed apk has no keystore. The generated apk has that. Play services checks for that key. Hope it hepls. ;)