Lustrous - Available FREE in Appstore & PlayStore!

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by FoxSquare, Mar 20, 2016.

1. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

Thank you @Christoph ! Thank you for your review and suggestions ! :)

The reason is because Luminous is already taken by a lot of apps which makes the app hard to discover. So i was thinking of using a name that does not have many results when people search for the game. (Hope fully this trick will work)

Yes i did try those 2 points. 1- The game is not lose. it moves with your finger. so i tried to keep it as close to finger movement as possible so the player doest feel lagging behind. 2- I wanted to give the player the freedom to move around, which believe it or not makes some levels difficult! Because if i limit the moment there will be a specific path that the player can choose each time. But if i give them a bit freedom that gives more flexibility on level design aswell as game experience :) Wait for the game to come out and you can see for your self :)

Thank you for the names! I had some of the names in mind already aswell. ill see which one i choose.

Christoph likes this.
  2. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

Thank you @Rebel Studios, Do you think a unique name for a game is compulsory ? or one should take on the competition!

3. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

@FoxSquare ... it depends on what route you really wanna go... Of course originallity would be great but there's a whole lot of ground work that needs to be done... Pre-launch marketing, Post-launch marketing, getting a reputable publisher, App Store Optimation (ASO)... etc...

Another option is to do proper research on app titles in the store and piggy ride on the trend... In fact google trends is one place that you can start doing that... Look at what are the trending searches and ride on that trend... We've done this many times and we have garnered relatively good results.

We are now trying the option of coming out with unique stuff and test out the pre-launch and post-launch marketing techniques... So it really depends on what you are comfortable with really.

Hope this helps :)

FoxSquare likes this.
  4. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

Thank you @Rebel Studios ! That is some really good piece of advice! I will definitely keep that in accounts. Currently I have one offer from a small publisher.

What do you think should be the insistent for pre-launch marketing. Of course the publisher will market the game once its published but should we spend good about of time in pre-launch marketing aswell?

Yes i understand your point of going with the trend, But this game is not one of the trendy niches these days :p

That is great! can i have a link where you show case your games? I would love to see what games you have! :)

Thanks once again :)

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I've wondered this too...

6. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

The game looks really cool. And fun to watch the video. Regarding your question as publishers go @FoxSquare . I think, while having a known publisher publish your games would be awesome, there are quite a few btw(you could try kongrerate, armor games) make a steam version might help as well to get it green lit and get attention to your game and get it out there. Perhaps it is better to spend some time and money on marketing and publish it yourself?

Anywayz kongregate and armor games are good publishers for mobile games besides ketchapp of course. Hope you will find succes :)

heathclose likes this.
  7. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

@heathclose would you like to share what are the prerequisites before you launch your game?

8. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I'm not sure I understand... I have the same question as you... should we market along side the pub?...

9. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

Thank you for your suggestions @stenturk ! I will try to contact the publishers but one they are really slow, and second its really hard for them to accept the offer. So finding the good publisher who is right for your game is a challenging job. Like Color swich publishers were not that huge, The game made them huge.

stenturk likes this.
  10. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

@FoxSquare np what you also can do(if you have a budget) is try ad networks like cpmstar or something similar. Although it cost a bit you can get a lot of impressions per month. If 1-10% of those impressions turn into downloads you're on the right path then.

Popmog.com can also help getting new players/ downloads. You pay per download but even with a small budget you can get new players.

Then again, you never know what works. Posting you app on game review sites might help as well.

11. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

@stenturk Thank you for your suggestions! I reached out to some publishers and now i am wiring for their response :) I think ill do the Publisher for this one and then do it manually for my next game :)

12. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

I hope you/ your game will rock the charts dude @FoxSquare
    And your future games as well :)

FoxSquare likes this.
  13. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

Thanks mate! for your suggestions and support! :)

14. frankie83

frankie83 Boxer

Wow really amazing, I like the video (great music, reminds me of another bbox game which almost sounded like the same composer but I cant recall the game, similar gameplay, avoid type) pretty good job!!! congrats!!
    How long have you been working on this game?
    Let us know how its going with the publishers and good luck!

15. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

Thanks @frankie83 We have been working on the game for 2 months now. The Game is in its last beta, We will be publishing the game by the end of April! :)

16. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Who is the publisher?

17. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

So after procrastinating for weeks! We have finally submit the game for review.:D Hopefully we will have the game published by next Weekend!:rolleyes:

playsgames6666 likes this.
  18. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer

19. CanalSoft

CanalSoft Boxer

I love it. Best wishes from Barcelona!!

FoxSquare likes this.
  20. FoxSquare

FoxSquare Boxer