Tap/Touch delay in Wall Jump template

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by arif134, May 5, 2016.

1. arif134

arif134 Boxer

Hello

I am exploring Wall Jump game template and found that the ball is changing direction as soon as the screen is tapped. I also made sure that the setting "Jump From Gound" is checked but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I want to add some delay to make the ball land at another wall before changing the direction but I am unable to figure it out.

Thanks!

Nick H likes this.
  2. Nick H

Nick H Boxer

Having same issue here, wall jump template just seems to use a 'switch' button like the zig zag template and a few other templates...

3. arif134

arif134 Boxer

Is it possible to disable the Screen Touch for particular amount of time? If that's possible then I might be able to achieve my desired functionality.

4. arif134

arif134 Boxer

Any help?

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

not that i am aware of

6. arif134

arif134 Boxer

Thanks @heathclose. Any idea how games like curvulate would've blocked the touch till the character moves to the next platform?

7. heathclose

hmm... no... but your right it does... there must be a way I am not aware of then...

8. heathclose

what about jump timeout in character settings?

9. arif134

arif134 Boxer

Yes jump timeout is one possibility. But I am moving the character with "Advanced Move" in a particular direction with linear velocity so the jump timeout didn't work for me.

10. heathclose

Hmmm... I'm not in front of bb right now... Is there a similar timeout setting in the advance move?

11. arif134

arif134 Boxer

Yes there's a timeout setting in Advance Move but it doesn't hold the user's tap to let the operation complete.

@Simon Crack can you please suggest how you delay the tap so the character moves from one platform to another in your game Curvulate? :) Thanks

12. arif134

arif134 Boxer

@heathclose Can we bring the transparent image over the Switch Button that will block the touch for a particular interval? Or can we alter the X/Y position of Switch Button for some interval? Any idea?

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  13. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

Not 100% but could be the template you are using. We just used a regular jumping up preset then used actions to change the characters direction. Kept it pretty simple...

arif134 likes this.
  14. arif134

arif134 Boxer

Thanks Simon. I am able to change the character's direction with action but when I tried Ghost Jump it wasn't detecting the character's collision with the next platform so I used the Advanced Move Linear Velocity. I'll give it a try with normal jump.