Heyzap Mediation

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Machine Rises, Nov 23, 2015.

1. darren

darren Avid Boxer

Ah I see! Thanks for the clarification :)

2. contatct

contatct Boxer

@Jayson could you email me the older admob sdk for iOS, the current one is not loading, you could send it to yadneshj@gmail.com

3. wawangjan

wawangjan Boxer

[ANDROID]

Android is more straightforward.
    1. In Buildbox, just be sure to add FBaudience net & Admob on the banner waterfall. Just like IOS, put your heyzap pub id in the settings, no need for other network ids, then export.

2. Add sdks on libs just as instructed on heyzap integration wizard. Note that you can skip google services, FBaudience, and heyzap jar files because they are already exported by bb.

3. Be sure to fix your androidmanifest.xml file.

4. Test! ;)

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Sir Can you please elaborate more on android am having bad time to show my ads on heyzap.
    You can check my problem here >https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...issue-with-heyzap-android-mediation-sdk.1045/

Thank you

4. alain_grignon

alain_grignon Boxer

Jayson,

Followed your recipe step by step as best I could but getting an error that won't let me build. I think it's because I forgot to increase the version number in BB before building iOS code. If I rebuild to correct this, do I have to go through the entire recipe again (minus the Heyzap registration stuff)?

Appreciate any response as always.

Alain Grignon
    zHeroez Founder

5. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

@alain_grignon I can help you better if you would post the error you are getting. take note that I'm no coding expert though. :D

6. alain_grignon

alain_grignon Boxer

@Jayson I managed to work around the fist issue I was having with it not finding the Provisioning Profile for my game, even though it exists on dev sight with all certificates, even downloaded the provisioning profiles again and it still showed an error until I disabled Game Center and In App Purchase. Then it just went away.

So I re-exported my old game which is currently on the App Store for purchase, and I now have it set to free. I followed your instructions to a T and when I was done. The build failed. This is what it gave me as errors.

------
    'wantsFullScreenLayout' is deprecated: first deprecated in iOS 7.0
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS9.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Headers/UIViewController.h:230:34: 'wantsFullScreenLayout' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_GKScore", referenced from:

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_GKLeaderboardViewController", referenced from:

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_GKLocalPlayer", referenced from:

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    -------

Any ideas what this is? did I miss something or is there a setting I need to adjust to make it work?

Help is always appreciated.

Alain Grignon
    zHeroez Founder

7. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

Hmmmm.. what is your min iOS version set in xcode?

8. alain_grignon

alain_grignon Boxer

9. alain_grignon

alain_grignon Boxer

@Jayson Yes, iOS version was set to 7.0 in Xcode

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Hey @Jayson: I'm trying to set up mediation but get this error when trying to run the app on my device:
    Code:
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    Do you have any idea what this error is about?

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I now have another error which seems the same as @Machine Rises had back in December:
    Use of '@import' when modules are disabled

I already enabled Modules, but still get this error.

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 11.49.10 AM.png

Do you have an idea @Aaron F what possibly could have gone wrong?

Update:
    I put the long list of @import AVFoundation; ... into AppController.mm This is correct, right? Because I just saw that it should be in Appdelegate.m but it seems I don't have a file called like that... :(

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  12. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Christoph same problem, 'wantsFullScreenLayout' is deprecated: first deprecated in iOS 7.0. HOW TO FIX IT

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The Full screen problem you can probably resolve by disabling multitasking support, which needs to be disabled for ads to be able to set the orientation of their views. This is the "Requires full screen" option you see in the following screenshot. Just check it like seen in the screenshot.

[​IMG]

This is an official step from the Heyzap manual on how to implement the SDK. You need to follow all steps up to number 5 (as @Aaron F pointed out):
    https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/ios_sdk_setup_and_requirements
    (go to your personal iOS SDK/Setup and Requirements panel in your heyzap account to see the steps personalized with your ad providers needs)

Update:
    And did you put under Deployment Target the version to 7.0? This is also needed and you can find it in your project under General/Deployment Info (like seen in the same screenshot above)

________
    I'm still fighting with the error of "Use of '@import' when modules are disabled" and don't know how to resolve it. It drives me crazy. I updated Xcode in the hope it was a bug but it's still happening with the latest version 7.3.1

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

So I just found out that @import can't be used in XXX.mm files (Objective-C++). I put all the code into AppController.mm so this obviously is my problem.

The Heyzap manual says:
    Where do I find this AppDelegate.m? My project doesn't seem to have one. Do I need to create it?

Update 1:
    I could get it to work. I had to change the @import to #import (because of the Objective-C++) and put it into the AppController.mm file. Crazy how nobody has mentioned that before.

Funny enough, I now have the 'wantsFullScreenLayout' error too (like @arsidalijaj) and HZDemographics.h is throwing an error too.
    1.png

The build can be uploaded to the device though and banner ads are showing. Do I have to care about this issues?

Update 2:
    I got a new problem. The video reward button disappeared completely. It was running just fine with Heyzap videos, but now since I have mediation set up it doesn't appear anymore. Why is this happening? Shouldn't be there much more ads available than before? Edit: The video reward button is back but it decides to show all the time Heyzap videos instead from other ad providers...

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  15. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Christoph , i can put heyzap without prob...but unityads

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Wow you are not really a lot of help. If you could set it up why don't you help?

And to answer to your post: What is your specific problem with Unity ads?

17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This helped a lot. Do you know by any chance where to put the test suite method?

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.06.56 AM.png

18. arielbar18

arielbar18 Boxer

hi, I'm looking for someone to help me (for payment through paypal) to:
    1) Integrate Heyzap in a new game that i've developed through buildbox.
    2) To integrate unity ads as rewarded videos
    3) To inegrate Chartboots SDK into the game
    4) The integration is in an Xcode and eclipse projects exported through buildbox
    I need expected price, timeline, existing experience and skills.
    I know how to do most of it, but haven't got the time, so i'm outsourcing it.
    Thanks, Ariel

19. apptreestudios

apptreestudios Boxer

I added Heyzap Mediation into my iOS game following @Jayson's guide in this thread. I've added Adcolony, Admob, Applovin, Chartboost, Facebook, Unity, and Vungle ads. Everything was working perfectly on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air, so we submitted and Apple approved the game recently. But the guy I'm working with just got an iPhone 7 Plus and says it crashes sometimes on the splash screen. Not constantly, "just" sometimes. Which is of course too much.

Did anyone else have this issue? I'm wondering if it's because the Admob SDK is old, because as Jayson mentioned the new SDK causes an error in Xcode. The game was exported with BB 2.2.4 and built with Xcode 7.3 on El Capitan. I just tried exporting with 2.2.5 now but 2.2.5 introduces a weird bug in the gameplay, but I don't think 2.2.5 is the key to fix the issue anyway. I'm using the Heyzap version 9 SDK (v9.6.9) and all the ad network SDKs Heyzap links to in the integration wizard (except for the google SDK - here I'm using the old one Jayson shared from his Dropbox)

I'm actually working with a publisher on this game so we are a bit pressed for time as we thought everything was all good and planned to release early next month. So I'm super eager for any kind of help whatsoever :)

EDIT: I removed some SDKs and so far it seems to not crash anymore on iPhone 7 Plus. So for now it's all good - we're using Admob (old SDK), Unity (not latest), Vungle (latest) and Applovin (latest) in case anyone else has crashing issues on iPhone 7 Plus

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  20. bbgame

bbgame Boxer

got same problem inAdmob banner integration how to solve