Change character animation following a path

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Ember Game, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Ember Game

Ember Game Boxer

Hi, I've been playing around with path and these this issue I can't figure out how. I want the character to change animation following a path, something similar to what Nik did in Endless Sky. I want the aircraft when enter the path, it roar up and then dive down, and I want different animation for the roar up sequence, then different one for dive down sequence. Anyone has an idea how to do that? Thanks!

2. Ember Game

Ember Game Boxer

Since BB 2 has officially release, I would like to bring this question into notice again, anyone can help me with this?

eyal likes this.
  3. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

just place an action with animation

4. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Can you explain a bit more ? I too trying to add more to my game and can't seem to get it

5. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

Hi Ember & Eyal,
    create a new action/s which should only include character animation replace, and just place it along the path at the point/s where you want the character to change the animation. you'll have to tweak the position and the duration of it a couple of time until it'll show smoothly as you want it.

6. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Thank you for that.

if we are talking about the path, at the moment when I want my character to jump over an enemy, what I get is that the collider is not jumping with character image and no matter what I do, I can't jump over the enemy. what to do ?

7. Ember Game

Ember Game Boxer

Thanks @shlomyone, that might work with my current game. But for Nik's Endless sky, I don't think that's what he's using, because when his character change direction, it not only change the character's default animation, but also change the animation sequence when the character jump, and the trail.

eyal likes this.
  8. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Anyone have an answer for that ? what is a possible solution for that ? what @shlomyone offered might be good for tracks that are the same all the time but what do u do when u have endless tracks ? it should be something with the ghost jump animation

9. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

I asked the support this exact question, and they told me that right now you can't do it, but they are working on this feature.
    the game "Sky" seems to use it so I suppose that they have an internal versionwith the feature already available.

Ember Game likes this.