Invincible when stationary?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by robert_rackstraw, Oct 19, 2015.

1. robert_rackstraw

robert_rackstraw Boxer

Dear Hive Mind,

Is there any way to make a character invincible when stationary??

Imagine a hedgehog walking along. If he gets hit by an enemy he dies. But when he stops, he rolls into a ball, and he's invincible.

Can that be done?

Thanks in advance,

RR

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I love your concept @robert_rackstraw but as far as I can tell the only way to gain Invincibility (or at least in the current version 1.3.5) is to place an Action on screen. The characters themselves cannot achieve that.

You could certainly place invisible Invincibility Actions but of course there is no way to control/predict where or when the hedgehog would stop.

But I do like the idea that Characters themselves have Actions. I suggest starting a thread on that in Feature Requests.

robert_rackstraw likes this.
  3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

maybe you can make action button in the gameplay when you press it your character gain Invincibility

robert_rackstraw likes this.
  4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Yes you can certainly do that. In fact I am doing something similar in a game Im developing. The Invincibility Action is placed at the top of the screen. It costs 1000 coins to invoke. If you have the coins you immediately gain 5 seconds of Invincibility.

5. robert_rackstraw

robert_rackstraw Boxer

Thanks, all. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

6. robert_rackstraw

robert_rackstraw Boxer

So, I set all that up and made it work. It's much easier to do if you import PNGs straight into the default and move animations, rather than setting them up as Objects first and THEN importing them, which throws the whole thing haywire. I don't really get the animation editor yet, especially the spawner section.

However, the problem with this is that when the character is invincible, he can still move. Which is not what I'm after. I want enforced stillness as the penalty for invincibility. Bum.