How can I shoot where I tap

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mybg, Mar 31, 2016.

1. mybg

mybg Boxer

How can I make the character shoot where i tap on the screen? Trying to make a 2D top down view shooter, but the char only shoots in front of him and I want it to stay in one place and shoot in different directions across the screen.

Thanks in advance

Deliverbo likes this.
  2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I'm not sure that this can be done in buildbox... Not yet anyway

3. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Thats not your only problem with a top down shooter. You dont get points for the kill either.
    Free advice: See what BB can do and come up with a game that is in the wheelhouse of BB - and reduce your stress :)

BeepDing likes this.
  4. BeepDing

BeepDing Boxer

I love and totally agreed with this. Just build and have fun with it. Hehe... I was too serious to look for functions to build my concept. Now it is more I change my mindset while take down the ideas I wanted to do and KIV until BB team make new features. :)

5. joshua_higgins

joshua_higgins Boxer

Good thing is of course they will be adding stuff as updates come in. I can picture in 6 months to a year BB will allow for cutsenes, more direct puzzle game design, kill count, story editor, maybe multiplayer. Will be exciting year for sure. I just wanna be able to do puzzle games like candy crush...match 3 etc. Combined with my art skills...man...i could make some way cool games lol.