Marve-Arcade Cube Hopper

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Project K Studios, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Project K Studios

Project K Studios Boxer

@drew I wasn't able to accomplish this with bb1. I was only able to get the sprites to look and work properly. However, I know bb2 is capable of such gameplay. I highly suggest you check out the game in the showcase forum titled 'Mars Mountain' made by Tastypills. They have accomplished this gameplay on bb2. I would ask them and see if they can give you a better understanding on how to create such a game. Hope this helps. Good luck!

drew likes this.
  2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Looks fantastic!

3. Project K Studios

Project K Studios Boxer

4. Phillip Kung

Phillip Kung Boxer

@drew @Project K Studios Our game was actually created completely in Buildbox 1 so it's definitely possible. We didn't change anything to do with the gameplay when we imported into Buildbox 2. We only used BB 2 for aesthetic purposes to give it a better sense of overall polish. What you need to make sure of to achieve this in bb1 is that everything is super precise to you land in the same spots over and over and over going both ways. This took a lot of refinement and many of the world and character settings are set out to 2 decimal points to make this happen.

trudnai likes this.
  5. Project K Studios

Project K Studios Boxer

Very cool and quite impressive @Phillip Kung. Maybe with a little more patience I could have figured it out =) Lesson learned. Thanks for the insight on how to replicate this classic gameplay. Much appreciated and best of luck with Mars Mountain.

6. drew

drew Boxer

@Project K Studios , @Phillip Kung thanks for the ideas. will try to figure it out guys. will get back here if i did figure it out.

Update : how about the collision shapes of the character and the tile? is it full shape? or just a spot?