How to Add Achievements in bbx Games?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Arsmen Studio, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

How do i do to add achievements in buildbox games?
    @Machine Rises Do you know how to do this? Thanx.

2. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

@arsidalijaj I don't think this is possible. Remember that David paired with Eye Box Games and they just hard coded the parts that cant be done in BB.

Arsmen Studio likes this.
  3. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@minibuilder65 I saw in google tutorial the scripts but i don't want to loose time , so i asked @Machine Rises cause he already have his game with the achievements if i am not wrong. if machine rises know it it would be nice to explain us. Help is always welcome.

this is what you can fin d in google tutorial .Schermata 2016-03-24 alle 15.08.38.png[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

@arsidalijaj Okay, I will not get involved in this as I have no idea so I will let him answer it :D

5. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@minibuilder65 He sad that he and his team maded something so i think he may know something :D

6. todro

todro Avid Boxer

You know that only the very first version was made by him with BB and he only approves but didn't/doesn't build the successors ?

7. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@todro Yes now understand.

8. todro

todro Avid Boxer

It's a rewrite in unity, several features like the locked scenes made it's way into BB2 but achievment is not part of the features

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

10. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Andy Yeah i already watched and readed that. But is it possible to put the achivemets in my game? This is what google tell us.

Adding Achievements to Your Android Game

This guide shows you how to use the achievements APIs in an Android application to unlock and display achievements in your game. The APIs can be found in the com.google.android.gms.games.achievement package.

Before you begin
    If you haven't already done so, you might find it helpful to review the achievements game concepts. ( https://developers.google.com/games/services/common/concepts/achievements )

Before you start to code using the achievements API:

Once the player is signed in and the GoogleApiClient is connected, your game can start using the achievements APIs.

Unlocking achievements
    To unlock an achievement, call the unlock() method and and pass in the achievement ID.

Games.Achievements.unlock(mGoogleApiClient,"my_achievement_id");
    If the achievement is of the incremental type (that is, several steps are required to unlock it), call increment() instead.

Games.Achievements.increment(mGoogleApiClient,"my_incremental_achievment_id",1);
    You do not need to write additional code to unlock the achievement; Google Play games services automatically unlocks the achievement once it reaches its required number of steps.

A good practice is to define the achievement IDs in the strings.xml file, so your game can reference the achievements by resource ID. When making calls to update and load achievements, make sure to also follow these best practices to avoid exceeding your API quota.

Displaying achievements

To show a player's achievements, call getAchievementsIntent() to get an Intent to create the default achievements UI. Your game can then bring up the UI by calling startActivityForResult. In the following snippet,REQUEST_ACHIEVEMENTS is an arbitrary integer used as the request code.

startActivityForResult(Games.Achievements.getAchievementsIntent(mGoogleApiClient),
    REQUEST_ACHIEVEMENTS);
    An example of the default achievements UI is shown below.
    Achievements_Android.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  11. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

There is no way within the Buildbox software to setup achievements. A good programmer may be able to implement some achievements after export. I have heard of a few people doing this but I don't have any specific details on this.

12. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Andy yeah that's what i mean , to implement some achievements after export with eclipse or xcode.

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The difficult part is not to install the SDK but to link the achievements to real events in the game. Like passing the first 5 checkpoints or unlocking 10 characters. As far as I know, the code exported from Buildbox is compiled which means you can't access it from Eclipse. The "information" is hidden so to say. Therefore you can't or it's almost impossible to link events directly to achievements/events in the game.

14. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

A good programmer could look at the data that gets saved (like score, coins, etc...) and pull some things out. But this is not something we are able to help with, it would be considered extremely advanced.