About ready for Beta Testing for iOS....

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by blufology, Mar 18, 2016.

1. blufology

blufology Boxer

would anyone be interested in beta testing for me...on iOS devices ?

I will be submitting for review this evening...hopefully by Monday will be released for TestFlight!! Whoo hoo !!

All I would need is your email address. You don't have to leave it here in this forum thread unless you want too. You can PM me directly. Promise I'm no spammer...even testing updates every day...I'm pretty thorough I test tons before I ask for testers. I should have leaderboards done as well so asking all who test to post scores...and provide some feed back (good or bad)...that's what testing is for and I take all criticism lightly...hope to not here (it sucks). Lol. It's fast paced...exciting and I believe fun. Geared towards younger generations but hope even us old timers would enjoy it. I play it daily but...of course I'm biased :)

Thank you. Here are a few screen shots.

Oops that's a bummer I can't post images without uploading them to a website first ? Mehhh!

firedevil14 likes this.
  2. blufology

blufology Boxer

Ok. Submission is complete. I tweeked this game a s much as possible. Having problems getting in game currency to work to refill power ups though...so for the moment they have been removed. I can refill via timer...can reduce the amount of coins to purchase...but the power ups do not refill. Other wise I have what I feel is good progress...fast paced and pretty much all about gaining the highest score. Some power ups can be detrimental if used improperly!!

2 days and ready for beta @firedevil14 and anyone else willing to try it out !! :)

image.jpeg
    Just Jumpin 2...an update to my first game ever...very simple and completely blown away by the number of downloads it got. I expect good results with this one. Will be doing "some" marketing for it and have a delayed release prior to it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    firedevil14 likes this.
  3. firedevil14

firedevil14 Boxer

You should really post a few screenshots, in order for people to be interested in beta testing your game. I just played your Just Jumpin 1 game, and it's very similar to what I'm working on (like Bounce and Doodle Jump). Just add new things to spice it up.

blufology likes this.
  4. blufology

blufology Boxer

I'll post some screen shots directly. :)

5. blufology

blufology Boxer

Here are a few pics from Just Jumpin 2

Never mind I will not be using some tiny link site just to post pics ever.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

These images did not come through. Usually I use "Upload a File" to upload screenshots here, that works 100% of the time as opposed to add a URL to it...

7. blufology

blufology Boxer

Well there is for some reason a 1MB file size limit and a screenshot on an iPhone 6+ is more than 1MB....so I uploaded them to Dropbox and generated links...and copy/pasted them. Not very impressed with that long process and still not work. Limits my mobile interaction with this website.

8. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

blufology and JustWatchApps like this.
  9. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I have just tried it with Google Photos -- Hmm, it seems that image link thingy is broken in this site...
    As @heathclose mentioned there is that service which is absolutely great for game assets, or if you have a Mac it is super easy to resize the image with Preview and export it to JPG with medium quality (which is more than perfect to share it in this forum). By only changing the format from PNG to JPG reduced the file size from 4.3MB to 215KB and you can easily half that if you reduce the resolution by a factor of 2 -- aka converting from retina to normal display. Of course reduction highly depends on the type of the image you have because few cases PNG produces better compression, but then you would not have a problem with your screenshot anyways...

@Andy could you please let the site admin know that it seems we cannot use the insert image option on this forum? Also an auto resize option would be really nice to have instead of just rejecting larger images

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Got it, we will look into this image issue.

11. oldchanged

oldchanged Guest

trudnai likes this.
  12. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hi @Elman, originally I could not see @blufology's images, then tried with mine and could not get it work so I thought it was broken - did not realize Google is not giving you the direct link :)

Thanks for the help!