Testing Methods

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Marlon Lawson, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Marlon Lawson

Marlon Lawson Boxer

Hello -

I am trying to get feedback as to how everyone goes about testing their game(s) before releasing them. Do you have a standard set of test cases that you run through? Or do you just depend on beta-testers to give you feedback?

Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. :eek:)

Thanks

Wings n Armor likes this.
  2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

As a first step recruit friends and family and get the game installed in as wide a variety of devices you can. Gather feedback both about game play (is it any good? could it be better? what needs changed etc) and also does the game play smoothly on all versions of software/hardware. You can also request beta testers on this Forum and use Testflight etc.

Wings n Armor and Phill Mason like this.
  3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Yup, what @AndyG said :) Get as many varied people as possible, because your Missus definitely plays differently to your kids :) I get completely different feedback from my family members way before hitting the forums to get fellow-dev feedback, as it's often a completely different perspective. All really important though.

Ishamahes and Wings n Armor like this.
  4. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I have been so thankful for all the feedback from family friends and the forum I dont think I would have got the results I wanted in my last game without their critiques

5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

The biggest polar opposite I invariably get is from, cough, more mature players that the game is too hard! If I tone it down enough the kids are in snoozville. So for me the feedback I get from old buggers I take with a pinch of salt. But in saying that its horses for courses. What demographic is your game target. If it IS older players then fine take on board their feedback with regards to game play but if the game is a more youthful orientated target then focus your feedback from them and not gran and grandpa.

Wings n Armor likes this.
  6. Marlon Lawson

Marlon Lawson Boxer

Wings n Armor and AndyG like this.