Buildbox is a tool for beginner game makers, but at an a non-affordable price for beginners ....

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by zoltan12345, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Agree or not ?

1. Agree

2. Just pay and shut up

3. make the subscription cheaper at the beginning

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. zoltan12345

zoltan12345 Boxer

Hy,

as I said earlier, I love BB, but I really need 2.0,
    As a new developper, I am absolutly unable to pay 2000+ $ for a software what no give me money for now

I really want to take the 99$/month subscription, but one thing affraid me a lot : I can read
    • 1 Year Minimum Subscription paid Monthly
    what it's mean ?? If i pay once, you will take my money every month, like a phone compagny ?
    what happends if I can't generate money with my games and I loose money ? I can't cancel my subsciption ? and if I could, what will happends to my already released games ?

I REALLY want to pay and try BB 2.0, but this price is only for big compagnies ... or for pro developpers who leave with this ...

I thinks than that software are the GREATEST one for a begnning developper, but nobody who begin in developpement can pay 2000$ or 99$ by month for one year, for something what can be a big waste of money oO

Why not make beginners version ? with a chance to try to make sucess with one game ?

2. Mozartic

Mozartic Boxer

It means if you do pay $99 a month, you must pay every month for the 12 months (1 year) before you can cancel your subscription.

3. zoltan12345

zoltan12345 Boxer

yes, but what if I remove my Credit card ? or say to the bank to not pay ?

4. gurdippy

gurdippy Boxer

you could do that but as a seller i would not let u in again later if u do stuff like this. besides game development cost money, software is just part of it, what about graphics, sound, animation, apple and playstore registration id, they all cost money.

5. zoltan12345

zoltan12345 Boxer

so, as a seller, you never let me back if I make this, but as a buyer I can loose 1188$ if I have no success with my games, and this is not a problem maybe ?

I know it's cost money ... but it's same like I begined my first and last compagy : France ask me to pay 6000€ taxes ... even I not gained any € ....

So, Buildbox is an awesome tool for beginner game makers, but at an abuse price at the beginning ....

6. gurdippy

gurdippy Boxer

i am not a big fan of that but it is business. u set up your price, if nobody buy u go change it. Anyway, how about u find a friend and split the bill.(only i computer can use at a time.) Just an idea.

7. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

@zoltan12345 Before you decide to buy it make sure you think of as many good ideas. After you got all of your ideas start designing them on a piece of paper or maybe on your computer. When you are fully done with the layouts and the gameplay of all your game ideas, buy the software and within that first month try and publish a game because even if it is not that popular it can still help you get 80% of the price you pay off.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  8. blufology

blufology Boxer

Buildbox is very obviously NOT for only big companies. Even though at this moment I am taking advantage of the trial version...I can easily afford $99 a month and still consider myself to be living...for the most part...paycheck to paycheck. I have 20 days left and then I plan on doing a month to month until I am able to purchase it out right. I am doing this by working more...doing side jobs...having more than one job.

If you can't afford to pay monthly or one time yearly than you can't afford to be a developer...at least at this time. This is one of those time I think of that corvette I wanted to buy...if they would just not charge so much for it...instead I drive a mini van because I can afford that.

Consider for a moment...if I can play devils advocate...the amount of money it cost Buildbox to staff its creators and coders...the artists and everyone it takes to do it...not to mention Buildbox is also made to generate...a profit even if dumped right back into the mix to make it better...to market and such. I personally feel half of what I will be willing to pay for is literally the fact I don't have to code a single thing...heck I don't even have to edit a dang expression editor (yay) !!

I hope you find a way to pay for or "lease" BB if you really want to...there is always a way. They are choices.

Good luck

9. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Going into business costs money. Just the way it is. ;)

10. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

IMHO BB is for indies, not for companies. A company can afford to build their own fully customized frameworks and UIs for optimized performance and flexibility. Indie usually does not have that much money. And does not have the money for paying developers either.

I am a developer btw and made my previous game by myself, therefore did not need to pay myself. So I lost my time instead. A lot of time actually! If I count the endless hours I have spent with that on the minimum wage in CA, then it turns out BB is lot cheaper than that...

11. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

If you aren't doing it for profit, its a hobby. If you are doing it to make a living, its a business. ;)

12. dani_atrom

dani_atrom Boxer

Mate, I felt the same, but after all he has no obligation to help you. If you can afford it you can give it a try, but BB team hasn't worked that hard just so you can create games for free in a drag and drop program.
    And you aslo have that 30 days of trial which are just awesome, you can make a game in that 30 days and than get money out of it, so you can afford a permanent subscription to BB. You just need to work and to have a good idea.