BB2 beta 4 checkpoint issue

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by creativesoffice, Mar 19, 2016.

1. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Hi All,

Have this setup:

1. I created a set checkpoint action and placed it on every scene set as > set checkpoint,( character just goes trough it on every scene in the level ) Created Restart checkpoint action as well set to > next checkpoint.

2. I created a purchase button, set up as Restart Checkpoint on game over screen. I tried both version with buy and use and buy only, in game currency to test it ( i will have this as app purchase most probably )

If i tap it nothing happens and I think my game should restart to last checkpoint.
    PS: I did as well as a nav button set as Start Checkpoint and does not work.

I am doing something wrong here with the setup?

John

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi @creativesoffice
    There is still a bug in Beta4 for checkpoints, we have already send file to Support about this matter.
    They still not working properly. Hopeful they will in upcoming releases...

Make sure for your question, that you have Set Checkpoint Action in you game, so when you will click on Start From Checkpoint it will start from last Set Checkpoint Action.

Let say in our game we have checkpoints for level in game. On Game Over you can Restart or Restart From Checkpoint. Does not which button you click you will restart from last checkpoint.

3. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

@ dusan20002 Thanks for your reply, i did same setup in beta 2 and 3. Working in beta 2 ( only 1-2 times, if i try 3rd time to continue crashes ) but not in 3 and 4. It seems that they cover some bugs with each release and create new ones, don't think we will have an official sable version by end of the year. Really curios how stable is the mac version since trey said is working wonderful. Any mac users around who can confirm at least if mac version is stable?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

it's more stable than it has been... very seldom does it crash on me.

5. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

It is but still far away from a functional version. Does not crash that often while I delete, move objects on mind map indeed but crashes on other sections such: refresh page preview ( if I close and start again game preview it does not but annoying to do that), if character touch an enemy > crash, restart game > random crashes, Closing game preview > random crashes and so on. Tired to send ton of feedback and receiving always a little improved version. 4 months passed since the big announcement and we have nothing functional. Will write a "great review" at the end of the membership in December with points, process and how we end up paying to do beta testing. If i could go back in time, i'll would pass with all my heart this drag and drop software that does work just under 40% from the huge promises. Wondering from all of us who get this for BB2, how many would still get it Today? we should make a pool or so.

6. heathclose

or not.

I'm not interested in trashing the dev team or their process or the challenges they have come across during the process. I'm too busy trying to change my life with this software to want to be a part of that headspace.

7. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

If you are ok to pay 1k to be beta tester good luck with that. Many here are really upset about dev team and what they delivered so far. Do you realize that are 3 months since they promised BB2 right? I guess they building it as we speak. Finger crossed, Christmas is near, hope we will get BB beta 12 by then as an amazing Christmas present from the team, with other new bugs of course. Also apparently team skips my messages here even were addressed directly, i guess my 1k does not worth that much now.

8. heathclose

Thank you, that's very nice of you. I appreciate that.

9. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

I am not arguing with you man, i have just a different point of view that's all and cannot accept a software that I paid for not to work. I am not the only one for sure, is just I am more vocal than others. If i would do this to my clients ( to get $$$ for something and undelivered ) i would be fired for sure. If they would do refunds I would loved to get my $$$$ back but they don't, i guess that is a marketing strategy as well these days.

10. GoMaas

GoMaas Boxer

Not this again.........
    Just so you know i also had some problems with the latest beta but I just got an email announcing that the new beta 5 should solve my issues and should be released early next week :D
    So lets tone down on the rant :p

11. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

I never received any notification re any beta 2 ,3 or 4. I don't even receive notifications for threads I am watching here, just for some, randomly. What did you do to receive notifications on betas? No rant, just almost half way on subscription and nothing works as it should. Is here on forum any news re beta 5?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  12. GoMaas

GoMaas Boxer

I had a pretty bad issue with a bbdoc so I sent it to them and they informed me that beta 5 is comming up soon (early next week) and that the issues I had would be repaired on beta 5.

But yeah it sucks that we dont get email notifications....

13. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

oh, that's how you find out. Waiting then. Cheers!

14. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I have not been following buildbox progress for a while now but so far is everything looking good?

15. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Not yet, still bugs, not stable yet to use it at full potential. Not crushing as before but are new ones...if for each new build fixing some and having other new ones not sure where is the progress. Trey said that mac version is stable and such, nobody here confirmed that on mac, assuming nobody have a mac and rest of us are on pc?

16. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

BB1.3.6 is working fine for me (jinx! lol) :)

17. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Stability with beta 4 is 100% for me on Mac. But I have limited testing due to various bugs and unable to move forward on any game development. Hopefully beta 5 will fix this. Tomorrow is 2 weeks since last release so hopefully we will see that new update sooner rather than later.