Money Talk-How much Money Should Game Devs Make Monthly!!!!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Wings n Armor, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

How much money should the average game developer make monthly to be considered good?

Ishamahes likes this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Enough to survive you and your family? Or a little more would probably even be better. :D

3. calmackay79

calmackay79 Boxer

It depends on what you see as a desired wage really, if you think $45 an hour is a measure of success then that's it. If you think its $15 an hour - your right again. You can't look at others earnings to determine your own success, you will slowly go mad doing this as you will never feel successful. Pick a financial goal for yourself and aim for it.

4. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

6. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

What does it take to be considered a good game developer? I'm working on my second million!

(I gave up on the first one...) :)

I just want to earn my BB money back! lol

7. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

haha lol

Wings n Armor likes this.
  8. Render

Render Boxer

Aim to make more than you made the previous month. If you do this, you are on the right track.

9. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I am really intrigued with the responses to the question of how much should a Game Dev make to be a success!
    Reaching your personal goals is an amazing thing. In my opinion all jobs dealing with arts and entertainment are a hit or miss. I know and have met many individuals who have worked on many popular feature films and are doing great 1 month and in the unemployment line the next. I think the game industry is also the same. You can be doing well and not so well at times.
    When there is something you love you have the perseverance to maintain a solid chin and a firm punch to continue.
    If anyone has found a consistent income in this please share some knowledge.
    @Christoph @minibuilder65 @JustWatchApps @runrollgames @heathclose @calmackay79

10. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

MONEY-Stats of top apps daily report made with BB-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Do not take that estimate as an evidence but yeah, you can earn a lot if your game was as popular as Color Switch :)

52kkards likes this.
  12. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

This is only an estimated scenario

13. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

You are correct

14. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

We all do, so far seems a bad investment since not working as promised still after 4 betas /

15. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I believe things will be better as you continue to achieve your aspirations.

16. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

My philosophy regarding BB2 was simple, since many people have CRUSHED IT with BB1, I simply told myself that I needed to achieve with BB1 before moving any further. If you can't develop a game, get published, featured, or ranked with BB1 - buying the next software is not going to help you. IMHO

I'm focusing on following what I have learned from @TreySmith - except for the most important tenet of course, which is why I don't have a game in the top 100 lol After I bang my head against the wall 5 more times, I will follow that one as well, into the promised land.

bentforktech likes this.
  17. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

A software need to do what promised it will. Simple as that. If we have a software that works half of promised perhaps should cost half as well? Look at adobe please and how they do it, how stable their products are, bugs from time to time but so rare that you forget that are there. :)

In matters of philosophy and such we can discuss until end of the world and we won't reach same point of view. Some crushed it yes but that is not a excuse that BB2 is not working as it should. I found about about BB in 2015 middle of the year, bb1.3.5 back then, played with the software but did not buy it at that time, did not convince me. BB 2.0 presentation from dec sounded 1 million times better, but just the presentations unfortunately as I was about to find out after buying the product, biggest disappointment even and I am using lot of software :/ So far we have nothing. And having a game in top 100 or something is not all about BB, is more than that behind it and we all know it, let's not be blind and worship BB is the reason of a game making it to top. Time will tell what they will deliver, we are almost end of march, perhaps we get beta 5 in April and another set of promises that everything works perfect...not sure how on their side works perfect and on ours it does not...

Is anyone on mac here that could confirm that mac version is working as trey said? That would be a step further still, at least hope is not lost :)

Cheers

18. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

This is a great analogy. You have a good attitude towards this scenario.

JustWatchApps likes this.