Share Button

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by steve, Feb 15, 2016.

1. steve

steve Avid Boxer

Has anyone tried using the share button with the latest beta3 build of buildbox? I've got a button setup, which I'm pretty sure was working with the previous build, but with the new build nothing happens when I tap it (apart from button going dark while my fingers on it). Everything looks to be setup correctly, so wondered if it's working for anyone else.

2. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

On my side share did not worked at all in perv versions as well, opens up a new window with sharing options but if i chose any i have no link, no text to share, nothing. You had that working how? What it did once you shared? Any default message or such?

3. steve

steve Avid Boxer

Thought I had it working with the earlier beta, but maybe it's never worked for BB2 (I imported the game from 1.3.5, so maybe it was only ever working on that version). Now I don't even get as far as the window with share options.

4. steve

steve Avid Boxer

I see the share button works fine in "The Pit", so must have been working at some point with BB2.

5. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Does share work at all on your side? BB2 beta 4 here. Did not work in prev versions as well on my side. It opens up a screen to share to but once selected noting happens. Should thee be a default message like" " Please checkout this new game link..." Or something? Anyone?

6. vedavyas_kadudas

vedavyas_kadudas Boxer

The share button doesn't seem to work at all on BB2. Does anyone know a fix to this bug?

7. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

same here.

8. vedavyas_kadudas

vedavyas_kadudas Boxer

Is there any update on when this would be resolved? This has become a showstopper and I am starting to repent purchasing the license.

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We will be looking at the share button between now and the final release for any issues... keep in mind that Facebook no longer allows using a pre-filled share message.