Buildbox 2 - Early Access - BETA4 is here

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Andy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Phill Mason
    Just saw it... while on a path my understanding is that character controls are supposed to be suspended, I will need to check with team to see if we just missed disabling jump or it is something else. Glad you sent it because it was not at all what I was thinking, you made the point really clear. Thanks!

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I'm glad you mentioned that about the character controls, because I tried loads of different settings, but couldn't seem to get the response I thought I was inputting into the settings.

So basically, if we use paths, it's the games overall settings along with the path's parameters that will affect the characters movement throughout the game. Look forward to what you find out about this, cheers.

3. creative_projectss

creative_projectss Boxer

I've just installed version #930 (BETA4) for buildbox and my game mechanics are simply broken, this is simply outrageous. Every single update comes with the same amount of new bugs as fixed bugs. The game frame is out of use, the yellow frame is not even blocking the character anymore. Death animation that stops occuring after a certain distance is still there, this bug was requested to be fixed even via support ticket(s) along with the forum threads.
    I'm very close to releasing my first game and I updated buildbox to get rid of the bugs I've reported via tickets but my game is simply unplayable now even after 2 hours of trying to find a solution. Do I have to wait for the next buildbox update for my game to get playable again? or maybe have the bugs I reported fixed?
    You guys should really focus on support ticket bugs before adding new features as every new feature for buildbox comes with 2-3 bugs.
    I'm losing a lot of time and money and this really disturbs me.

Nick H and Shawh like this.
  4. Shawh

Shawh Boxer

@creative_projectss Same here. The Game frame issue is happening to me too. I've started a ticket days ago and also made a thread on the forum about the game frame issue. But the reply I got from buildbox support was that it was working fine for them. It may be possible that they have uploaded the wrong Beta 4 file for us, but I have halted 2 projects of mine with BB2 and just testing the bugs out now, because that's what we beta testers are doing for the past 2-3 months. :)

GoMaas likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

This game frame issue is occurring in some games that were created with an early BETA, it does not happen when starting a new file. We are working on it this week and will try to have a workaround or fix as soon as we can.

6. creative_projectss

creative_projectss Boxer

@Andy
    And what about the death animation bug? That was the result of one of the updates as it was working in earlier versions of buildbox. I'm going to release my game with the value of gameover delay set to 0 just because of that bug, when can I expect it to get fixed?

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@creative_projectss did you have a support ticket? Let me know the number so I can check it out and give you a definitive answer. We've had and fixed several issues regarding the game over process including death animation. Your case may be different.

8. creative_projectss

creative_projectss Boxer

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@creative_projectss Thanks, I've bumped priority on this so we can get to the bottom of it. Def some issues there, I think the defeated animation issue might be configuration or something else we can work around... trying to get more info on it.

10. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

@Andy The action animation is messing up for me. As when I pick up my coin and I have a particle effect on the action animation so when the character picks the coin it it does an effect, however it just crashes my BB2, although I exported it on my device and it seemed to work fine. So I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or it's just the action animation for my coin broken. Would appreciate if you would tell me which one so I can make sure I can fix it :D

11. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@minibuilder65 I would end an email to support, each issue could be a very different issue. I can't tell you what your specific issue could be without seeing your specific configuration.

12. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

@Andy Ok, no problem I will send an e-mail to support

13. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

Hey
    I have the opposite problem, when I click restart it restarts the level with no concern about checkpoints. I want my player to RESTART but start from the last saved checkpoint.

/Andreas

14. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

If I set up a button "back to: world 1" it start at last checkpoint but start checkpoint does not work and they are working on it... I don't know if @Andy and @theseanjonathanconnor are aware of the back to button thing works though... Not sure that's what is intended...

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We are trying to sort to some technical and design issues regarding Back To, Checkpoints and other related things. Best thing to do is if you haven't sent your issue to support please do and include a sample BBDOC illustrating the problem and a description of what you think should be happening. We will take it under consideration as we are working this out. Also, there may already be a solution to your problem and we can advise on that. I can't really give too much advice here because I don't know have your exact details.

If you've already sent info on this to support then you are good and we are working on it.

heathclose likes this.
  16. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Same here, restart from checkpoint as an action set on game over screen does not work at all. Even Start checkpoint nav button does not work.

17. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

Its a bit dissapointing that things that do work in bb1.3 doesnt in bb2. So maybe some games should be better of in bb1.3 instead of hoping to get in bb2?

Nick H likes this.
  18. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

2 weeks since beta 4 was released. Are we seeing a new update, beta 5, released today or shortly?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  19. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

I was told by sean on support that if no major setback they expecting to release it this week.!

20. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

My hopes is

* checkpoints fully working
    * multiselect on objects
    * different background objects on different levels/worlds
    * image smush function built in into buildbox for optimizing assets

@TreySmith