an affordable way to test to make a game on BB 2 ?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by zoltan12345, Mar 14, 2016.

1. zoltan12345

zoltan12345 Boxer

Hello all,

I really love BB, i tested the 1.3 with test license, but i think this version is really limitated .
    I really want to try the 2.0 version, and see what my creativity can do !

But one thing stops me : the price ! as a beginer game dev, i can't pay 99€ by month when I have 0€ income from games :(

can't you make a version like game salad, where we can build a game, but can't uplaod it without your adds, and a big part of game revenu comes to you directly, or make the other solution : have an affordable price, and have to pay full price when the game generate real revenus ...

Because i really want to launch myself in game creation, and tested all game making solution, BB is the best from far ! but also the most expensive :( really impossible to spend 99€ my month for something who not make me revenus for now :(

Thanks for reading me !

2. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Gamesalad changed their policy last year and moved to a subscription model with a limited free trial. Unfortunately, development costs a lot of money and Game Development has been nothing short of a race to the bottom. I suggest either getting a part time job or odd jobs (depends on your age) to fund your dream.

Or, make good use of BB 1.3 - there's really no excuses because right now, the top 5 on the App Store feature 2 BB games and there's a host more in the Top 100.

Keep It Simple, start small and things will fall in to place

3. blufology

blufology Boxer

I have this issue as well...BB limited use but I have made 2 complete games...with lots of options with the limited version of BB...and am waiting for a second house to sell them gonna pony up and buy it out right.

Also...the other evil creator is extremely difficult to make a game in less than 30..my first game I built on my own with no template purchases was built in a weekend using BB current demo version....I feels ya though. May I suggest changing the type of game you want to build until you can purchase/lease the full BB2. That's what I'm doing and I'm doing just fine with that for now. Clock is ticking though for me. :)

4. zoltan12345

zoltan12345 Boxer

and the 99€by month is the little part of the iceberg ! oO

on the details page we can read :
    1. A new Buildbox subscription requires a 12 month commitment. After 12 months, you can cancel at anytime.
    It's absolutly impossible for a beginner game maker to spend 12x99€ without any assurance on success :(

5. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

I find that if you have a passion about something, there is always a way to make it happen if you want it bad enough.

appnoxious likes this.