does admob convert on IOS

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by scott, Mar 3, 2016.

1. scott

scott Boxer

Hi All,
    I am wondering if people are using admob on IOS apps and if it is converting. We are setting up ad networks on a new app- releasing it to IOS first. I vaugely remember way back when we were working with PM games ( pre Buildbox) that Trey mentioned that he had found that adMob really didn't convert all that well on IOS so his company wasn't using it.

We realize things change all the time with apps especially with things like monetization but wondering if people in the group here are using adMod in IOS and happy with the results they are getting with it.

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I don't know but I'm interested in the answer...

3. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

If your game can afford, the screen real estate, put in the AdMob banners. I think you would be safe calculating an average $1 CPM for banners. When I used AdMob interstitials, they didn't perform well, but with enough traffic you'll do really well with banners. Either people don't notice them or the people who do notice them, click them and that earns you money. Either way, you'll get few complaints about there being too many ads when you use banners. so other than aesthetic reasons, there are no downsides to adding AdMob banners.

virtualgamers2000 likes this.
  4. virtualgamers2000

virtualgamers2000 Boxer

@Gregory Storm - Did you also use video interstitials? Thank you for your input.

5. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@virtualgamers2000 Not from AdMob, but I use video interstitials from AppLovin. I'm adding HeyZap so I can do video interstitials and rewarded video from Vungle and AdColony as well. Vungle seems to be performing nicely in my game.

6. virtualgamers2000

virtualgamers2000 Boxer

7. Mikssa

Mikssa Boxer

If you want to convert video on iOS devices, you may need to transfer the video format to M4V. As a crazy iTunes fan, I'm used to convert purchased and rented iTunes movies/TV shows from M4V to MP4 format. Since all iTunes videos are in M4V which DRM protected, making it impossible to be played on Apple unauthorized devices, like Windows media player, Sony smart TV, Android phone, etc. DRM removal for Mac is designed for all iTunes users to remove DRM protection and convert videos with lossless quality at faster speed. After conversion, it will be much convenient for you to enjoy all these videos on any devices freely.

8. Emmaling

Emmaling Boxer

When it comes to iOS video files, most of us are angry with Apple DRM technology. Since iTunes movies, TV shows, Apple Music and other Apple digital content are protected by DRM technology. So if in your country you are allowed to remove DRM from iTunes M4V files, you can have a try of M4V Converter, and then you can play iTunes movies anywhere. As for me, I like to play iTunes movies and TV shows on Xbox 360/One. Which device you would like to enjoy iTunes videos for playback?