Rewind to First Aligned Scene

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by trudnai, Mar 11, 2016.

1. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey Guys,

I have a question for you: I have a game that use aligned scenes and therefore only goes till so much. After that I would need to start everything from the very beginning in a never ending loop. So lets say you have 5 scenes, each has 100 width. Start scene is 200 lets say. So after Start scene it goes to '1' (which is from 200-300, then '2' (which is 300-400) and so on, last scene '5' is obviously form 600-700.

Now as player reaches that point, no more aligned scenes, so I want to revert to '1' from 200. I can do this by Set Checkpoint and Restart Checkpoint. However, that one places the character back instead of aligning the scene '1' right after the '5'. And this has a weird effect like visually you can see that the scene changed plus enemy objects are not coming for a bit or if you place the Set Checkpoint closer to those objects they will just appear out of thin air on the middle of the screen...

Not to mention that if you have a distance based score then reset to checkpoint also removes your score (because you went backwards with your character)

Is there a way to tell BB 1.3.x to "please rewind to the first scene but do not remove the existing ones?"

2. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

Try this, switch to Stack scenes and see what happens .. When the total scenes are finished, it starts picking some random scene ..

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

My initial issue is that random scenes are not going well with the type of game I am working on. Otherwise would just set the end distance to infinite and would not care too much about this.

4. BossGames

BossGames Boxer

hey man how about you duplicate the 5 scenes 100 times and if you have similar objects you can use convert to clones for better performance

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@BossGames Thanks man, I was thinking about the same actually today. Actually it is lot more than that because I have lot more scenes than 5 of course which needs to be repeatedly placed one after the other. (5 was only a number helped me to explain the problem here) I will test with clones as you suggested and hopefully this technique will not add too much to the loading time and the overall performance.

BossGames likes this.
  6. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

More scenes leads to lag. More animations, 50+ Scenes , jumping and collision sounds, overall brings u lag in Android.

trudnai likes this.
  7. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Thanks for the info!