Really Tired of Constant BB2 Crashes - Where's The Stable Version?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Phill Mason, Feb 25, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

1.3.6 brought new bugs, attached lights on spinning objects don't keep their space in the scene, they center on the attached item and bullets don't behave properly either... sean is looking into both (these same bugs are in bb2)

as for stability, i don't know, those bugs are important in my game so i went back 1.3.5 but now it crashes every few seconds, so I'm recreating my entire game in bb2, only to find the same bugs..

in fact... i don't think i answered your question at all... sorry

Gregory Storm likes this.
  2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

1.3.6 should be mostly stable. The main bugs reported are what @heathclose mentioned and the Points/Restart Checkpoint change which 50% needed and 50% don't want so we are making this an option in 1.3.7. The light on rotating objects depending on your game is highly important or negligible but we are working on a fix and Buildbox 1.3.7 as well. The wait for 1.3.7 will be nowhere near as long as the wait for Buildbox 1.3.6

I can also comment I've done a TON of bug checking for Beta 4 which we're anticipating soon (within next week, most likely sooner) and a very large volume of bugs are being addressed and fixed. As always we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Send any bugs found to support@buildbox.com so we can make sure they're are addressed :)

3. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Thanks for the update @seanjonathanconnor :) Please add to the list for 1.3.6 that it will crash if you delete a object while preview is open. I have read in another thread about the same issue with 1.3.6. Unfortunately I can't send in a bbdoc atm. cheers man.

Sean Buildbox and Gregory Storm like this.
  4. Sean Buildbox

Got it and reproduced. Oddly enough I want to say we had to fix this in BB2 so strange it wasn't completed on BB1 as well. Documented, hope all is well Collin ;)

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I just ported the fix over to 1.x for the next release. ;-)

6. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

Great news on the points restart fix with both options! Hope BB2 gets the same.

:)

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  7. Sean Buildbox

It will and more, we have to rewrite that portion of the software in general to support Multiple Worlds since that creates a ton more variables in regards to the new features for Buildbox 2 :)

Simon Crack likes this.
  8. nathaniel_harman

nathaniel_harman Boxer

when's the new bb2 out and do we have to dload again or does the software auto update?

Also if you made the assets the right size for Apple ⌚️ Would that be work around for getting games published to Apple ⌚️?

Cheers

9. mobile_gamegraphics

mobile_gamegraphics Boxer

@Phill Mason I have actually stopped using BB2.0 and all my games are on hold because I don't want to deal with the constant frustration... so I am waiting for a real and stable version. I just couldn't work in any of existing versions.

10. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Hah, "glad" that I am not the only one "mad" around who's not pleased with the software, bb2.0 , all versions have bugs, crashes, some fixed partially but still cannot do a game from start to finish. The true is we are paying to be testers :))) No chance that we will get the 2-3 months that passed as compensation for all frustrations, no money is made from this type of things :)

We should all be "grateful" that we get amazing software that could do a lot for non coding people that does not work yet. Perhaps Christmas 2016 if we are nice we will have a stable version.

I have 2 games in progress but got stuck since i got into crashes every time and i tried everything to go to a different road, each one ends up with a crash.

Let's see what beta 4 does, hopefully will be last one and we don't end up with a new beta every 2-3 weeks, Christmas is closer :)

Cheers to all and let's hope for the best!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Shawh and Nick H like this.
  11. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The is no 1.3.7 yet. :)

13. neodrakan

neodrakan Boxer

Hey everyone

New customer here and man,this thing crashes more than trying to run Skyrim with a million mods at once.

Currently running windows 10 64bit and since I am fairly new I'm trying to get acquainted with all of the features and modes,following tutorials,etc.But BB2 just keeps on crashing and crashing...and...you guessed it,crashing!

It doesn't really matter if I try to fiddle with one thing like messing around with making a platform ping pong,or import an art asset as a background,or make a basic flappy game.Every few minutes it just keeps crashing and crashing,and I just got this software yesterday! I'm debating on whether or not I should ask for a refund seeing as it hasn't even been 24 hours yet and it's crashed well over 3 dozen times during the most menial of tasks/functions.

14. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@neodraken There is no problem to get a refund anytime within two weeks. Just contact the support email. But constant crashes like you are describing are not typical of BETA4 (B#930 on your about screen). Most of the time extremely frequent crashes on Windows are attributable to a video driver issue. Could you make sure your video hardware is up to date with the latest drivers from the manufacturer? I'll create a private conversation with @seanjonathanconnor and myself so we can get this sorted.

15. GhostRadish

GhostRadish Boxer

I'm new to BuildBox. How long do we typically have to wait between builds? Is there a change log I can view online?

Thanks!

16. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

@GhostRadish There is not exact update schedule as some bugs take more time fixing than others so its whenever the BB team have finished fixing all the reported bugs. However I am not sure if there is a change log, but if I am wrong I am sure someone will give you a link or something. :D Hope I helped :p

GhostRadish likes this.
  17. GhostRadish

GhostRadish Boxer

Thanks @minibuilder65. I found where the updates and change logs are announced (BuildBox 2.0 forum). Seems like one update a month? Beta2 (B#872) was posted on January 26th, Beta3 (B#898) was posted on February 12th, and Bets4 (B#930) was just posted on March 8th. Looks like the next one isn't due until about April sometime, maybe sooner?

18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to point out that Buildbox latest release 2.0.1 has been incredibly stable on my Mac. I come from version 1.3.5 which I used in trial mode some month back and I remember crashes all the time. Buildbox 2 does not crash at all. It really has matured a lot. Thanks guys for this awesome software.

Gregory Storm, Jamie and AndyG like this.