Buildbox Group

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by shivansh_chanana, Dec 8, 2015.

1. shivansh_chanana

shivansh_chanana Boxer

Hey guys,
    We have created a Buildbox team , Where we Create high quality games together , Anyone interested can contact undersigned.
    Shivansh Chanana :- shivansh.chanana@gmail.com (Facebook & Gmail)

sysads likes this.
  2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Am in but need to know how this would work

3. shivansh_chanana

shivansh_chanana Boxer

We want to create a team where we could work together on a game and can share our skills . . With the help of skills of other people with could create a perfect game ! Greater the no. of people -> Better the quality of Production . As well as we could together fight the biggest problem for indie developers that is of Getting more downloads . People from all over the world when work together can create something really awesome !! The revenue generated will be distributed among us depending on the quality of work the person has done.Our future plan is to create A blog specifically for indie Game developers Where each one of us will contribute something or another , and we can even share our views and ideas and help each other.And we will not only work for buildbox but will also try to create apps. Wouldn't that be great ?
    Waiting for you reply ,
    Team AMD :)

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

its great idea if you have a good plan serious members and solid group then count me in

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The creation and development of games is to risky if made globally over the Internet. You most likely will experience very bad situations with members stealing assets and even projects. It would be a legal nightmare. Don't forget we are here to make money and this doesn't necessarily mean we are here to make friendships. This is a cruel industry with a lot of competition and sometimes a lot of money.

"Distribute the revenue depending on the quality of work done"? Who is going to measure that? Who decides? This is not only a legal nightmare but also impossible as for how to organize even smaller projects.

That said, I want to do something like that but only for the matter of publication. A network of quality games and developers who cross promote their games without any costs or shares like we have with publishers. The same network votes for new games that are accepted for the cross promotion to assure the quality is always high. The developer is in charge 100% for the development and marketing. The network only pushes the game with ads, enough to get the needed attention. This will be very easy to organize, but we need a) at least one developer who already has downloads and want to share the userbase and b) new quality games. I'm willing to put my game into this if we have already a developer with more than 100,000 downloads and an active userbase. Once the userbase grows to several millions it will be very easy to publish new games and succeed in the appstore. And the best thing, the revenue goes all to the developer. The agreement should include a protection for the first games published, so they will be cross promoted again and again during the weeks with no new releases. That way they get the needed downloads too. If anyone is interested (and has a quality game or an active user base) to join, please contact me by message.

6. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I tend to also agree with @Christoph revenue sharing based on quality of work will NEVER work :(

All we need to do is achieve what Ketchapp achieved and the money starts rolling in so we all can have a NICE vacation in Bahamas with our Spouses and/or family :D

7. shivansh_chanana

shivansh_chanana Boxer

Yeah thats a point . So we need to know each other pretty well moreover we need to trust each other . . And I know its one hell tough task but lets just try it for once . . Can we ? :(:eek:

8. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

I'm in, if we have a committed team.

9. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

This is where this great idea will fall apart. Could you define "quality"?

netkomm and Jamie like this.
  10. shivansh_chanana

shivansh_chanana Boxer

Quality here means the type of one is assigned to .. For example - Level Designer will not be paid same as Character designer (drawing) . .So they will be marked according to their skills . . I m i wrong ?

11. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Are any of you dating a professional model that you have a newborn baby with, as well as large social media following? :)

firedevil14 and Simon Crack like this.
  12. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

firedevil14 and Jamie like this.
  13. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

hehe
    I am seeing viral marketing tactics using those elements work this week. So I was making a half-jokingly gesture towards focusing collaboration on marketing. Again, I am seeing it work for someone else this week: Baby/babe + game + large following = viral videos...
    Seriously though, the members of this thread interested in collaborating might focus not simply on building a quality game, but also on a launch strategy and overall marketing strategy.

eyal likes this.
  14. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

@Jamie

I completely agree. We need everyone to list what their good at. There could already be someone that has a large following but they aren't good at putting together a game, there could also be someone that's great with graphics but not to good with buildbox.

There also needs to be more details as far as compensation, contracts etc. Before anyone will commit to this.

firedevil14 likes this.
  15. PeterB

PeterB Boxer

I can see the issues with a generic team approach.

But I'm up for a SUB GROUP off shoot of this idea, for a team of 3 or 5. It has to be odd number in case anything has to go to a vote.
    It's for people with an ABUNDANT mindset, who realise that a partnership is as much about "being there" and the positive encouragement, as actual work seconds.

It would be an even split, after expenses, because if you;r a part of it, it's happening because you are a part of it.

To me, it's about having a group of friends that we can get together in skype or a goto room or hangout and just get sh*t to happen.

I'm coming from the point where everything is difficult to do and hard to stay motivated and it's really about the team existing to just make it happen. Of course the work load won't be even. There are no decisions as to who contributed what or what it was worth,

Simply that 3 or 5 minds and energies is better than 1.

Sure someone might run off with whatever and re-use assets. Not sure why? It's not like stuff is uncreatable or in short supply - LOL.

As Abraham Hicks says (LOA) paraphrasing (she says it brilliantly, which is what Ester does) - "people spend so much time worrying about someone elses pie, instead of just making more pie of their own".

So there you have it, I am a hippy and I'm happy just to be a part of something.
    20% of a million is still $200,000.
    100% of $0 is zero !

My main skills are marketing, music and copywriting. But like probably all of us, I can do end to end - coding, gaming, video, 2d design (photoshop), 3d (badly in my case) and so on, I naturally have game ideas, opinions on gameplay and everything else.

This isn't an exclusive arrangement. We all do our own games simultaneously.
    The only question is, can 3 or 5 minds achieve more than you, or I, alone, wondering why BB doesn't work now...

THE SMALL PRINT:
    The only catch is, if we're actually going to launch/market a game, maybe there's even an asset we need to buy in, we need some sort of budget, upfront. It needs to be paid upfront, so no one runs short when it comes to the crunch.
    I don't want to manage that, I don't care who does, it's not me, so you know this isn't about making money off each other, but because of each other, as a force.

I'd also be expecting everyone to contribute some app space in their own app/s to promote the series of team apps.

Naturally as a marketer (of 35+ years) I have some strong opinions and experience about how to do branding, and that includes game branding.
    But if we all stick to it being a team effort, with everyones opinion and experience and feedback and cross inspiration, there's no reason why we can't create a million buck+ entity, moderately quickly.

The launch budget is a minimum of $1000, so it will either be $333 each, or $200 each, depending on if we get 3 or 5.

Naturally there can be multiple teams, of which I am not a part of, or people can be in more than 1 if they have the time.

The kitty wouldn't be until January, as my budget is low right now as well, so we'd get the team together, hang out in a webinar several times and see if we can work together. If we can, then January we fully commit and pay the kitty holder (not me) via paypal.

If somebody needs to leave, or dies, then they can. But they forfeit all future earnings and claims. Anything they have contributed thus far, is then lost to them and donated to the team.
    A new team member can buy them out for the original stake ($333/$200) and get their dividends from then on.
    Of course I'm not sure why, or how, anyone would ever officially "leave".
    You can still do anything else simultaneously.
    The "commitment" shouldn't be that taxing! 3 hours per week, over the week. However it pans out. Working assets towards it, or being in the webinar for 20~40 minutes for the roundtable/workshop/presentation, whatever.
    That's 150 hours in a year! I guess if that sounds like too much, you are not a team player and don't want your share of a million+ bucks.

Anything else, we should discuss privately. Just BB PM or skype me (mention buildbox so I know you aren't marrying me) and we can do a group call.

I'm UK time zone but I work USA office hours as well. I can go to 9pm est as well, without disintegrating.
    Australians are fine, just opposite end of the next? day. If you're in Asia, then it may not work with a USA/UK/Oz team, but it only takes 3 of you, to clone this idea.

If you don;t have an abundant mindset and are worried about this or that, or losing the only piece of great work you will do, then this isn't for you.
    Sure it may all come to nothing and we all fall out over some unconsilable icon colour (WTF) but what the heck of a journey !

3~5 great minds, all with one focus and an open and positive attitude.

The bonus, if we do this, is all participants will get access to my video training course on Centurion marketing (including nay clone teams that I'm not even in). It's a $5000 dollar value 26 part course.
    Not so bad for $333 bucks now, right?

But that's what this is about.
    That's just what I'm prepared to throw in to the pot, just for even trying.
    Now imagine what you can bring, and what the others can bring ?!

That is the power of a team effort.

Or you can worry about someone stealing your button icon, because it's like the only one you will lever be able to create in your entire life. Yeah of course...

And just to be clear. This isn't about learning buildbox. BB is just what we'll happen to use, most of the time, probably. (I'm not ruling anything out).

This is about X minds creating a game "company" and making sh*t happen.

Are you ready to step up to the challenge?

Look at it this way. If you don;t join this, then your next game release, will be exactly that. Whatever you can do on your own.
    If you've actually already tried for real, you know how hard it can be to get traction on a game.
    With X minds, it's not just X times the chance - it really is "exponential".

I don't know how you could say no to this, but I'm sure you'll find a reason ;-)

See you then
    Peter

PS:
    If you don't have $333 dollars in January, then sorry, but there's no way we can launch a million dollar game company, without a minimal budget. It's just the nature of the beast.

16. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

@PeterB you have just written the partnership manifesto :D

I am fully in to any group that have active and hardworking members.

For me, one area I am good at is level designs with focus on user engagement and retention.

What I would recommend if everyone is really serious is:

- Someone to setup a group not necessary Skype but an online room so we all join in
    - First brain storm game ideas
    - Pick game that is quick win so we release on time
    - Review comments and update
    - Agree on graphics design as that is the one area I am struggling with
    - Determine account that needs to be created for monitization and payment
    - Re-invest the money to make something much better
    - If all successful, then we simply focus on just a game brand and not make too many different games but more like a franchise

The ONLY issue now is DO WE ALL LEAVE IN SAME TIME ZONE?
    The Trust is someone with a day to day job will struggle to learn and make full use of BuildBox 2 and that might be discouraging :D

So this is where the group or team works well

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    firedevil14 likes this.
  17. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

All the best guys :)

torsten_droste and Kevin W like this.
  18. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Thanks, nothing to add :)

19. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

Hi guys,

may I suggest the adoption of SCRUM for any upcoming project?

http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/p7novk9lc6

The Scrum framework in 30 seconds
    • A product owner creates a prioritized wish list called a product backlog.
    • During sprint planning, the team pulls a small chunk from the top of that wish list, a sprint backlog, and decides how to implement those pieces.
    • The team has a certain amount of time — a sprint (usually two to four weeks) — to complete its work, but it meets each day to assess its progress (daily Scrum).
    • Along the way, the ScrumMaster keeps the team focused on its goal.
    • At the end of the sprint, the work should be potentially shippable: ready to hand to a customer, put on a store shelf, or show to a stakeholder.
    • The sprint ends with a sprint review and retrospective.
    • As the next sprint begins, the team chooses another chunk of the product backlog and begins working again.
    - See more at: https://www.scrumalliance.org/why-scrum#sthash.TGy9Y8Zu.dpuf

firedevil14 and JustWatchApps like this.
  20. GoMaas

GoMaas Boxer

Hey,

I like the idea :) Im afraid I might be a bit late :/

But if you are still looking for members my skills are:

- Outsourcing at lowest cost
    - language translation
    (Im in a very international environment so I can get translations from english to pretty much any language done by native speakers. I myself only speak French, Portuguese, English, Spanish and Dutch)
    - I'm eager to learn about marketing and buildbox design.

After a month fiddling with buildbox I already have 2 games published for android(Just got my IOS license so still have to upload them). I intend to publish one a month with different game mechanics so I can learn buildbox and game-design better. I myself am a Business Student in my last year of university.

Drop me a message :D

firedevil14 likes this.