Game size, loading time & Overall Performance

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by creative_projectss, Jan 29, 2016.

?

What does affect the overall performance of buildbox games the most?

1. Frame by frame object animations

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Wake Up Components

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Objects flood (Physics)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Lights (with "Cast Shadow" option activated)

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. Number of levels/worlds

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. creative_projectss

creative_projectss Boxer

We are currently working on a buildbox 2.0 game and we'd like to know some details about the overall performance of our game and how/if we can improve it. We plan to finish the game in about one week and so we already have most of the in-game details fixed whereas we'd like to give some attention to the performance of the game. The game only has one world but it includes 100+ different levels that play randomly and they are pretty complex.

First issue that came to my attention is the long loading time it has, 15+ seconds, is there anyway to improve that?

The secound issue would be the sizing of the game.We checked on an iphone and the game already occupies 77 Mb and I belive it will go up to 90 Mb with all the final tweaks.What can I do to reduce the size of the game and more important: is this size problematic from any point of view? (please note that we are talking about an arcade game, with simple flat graphics and pretty simple mechanics)

One last detail I want to know: is there anyway I can increase the overall performance of my game regarding buildbox? Or maybe you can tell me what affects the performance the most, whereas I could try to modify that some way or another (object animations, physic objects, wake up/sleep functions etc.)
    We used an Iphone 6 as a test device and we experienced lag issues at some levels of the game.

Thanks in advance!

2. creative_projectss

creative_projectss Boxer

3. BossGames

BossGames Boxer

Hey man I have some of the same issues with my game one thing i did was reduced the graphics but is not perfect solution good luck