Xcode version

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by virtualgamers2000, Feb 19, 2016.

1. virtualgamers2000

virtualgamers2000 Boxer

What is the xcode version that you use for Buldbox 2.0 and version 1.3.5.
    Thanks!

2. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

6.4 always works for me. I keep a copy in a different folder so I can update and keep it handy. Only update when it is completely necessary.

3. virtualgamers2000

virtualgamers2000 Boxer

Thanks Aaron!

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Latest Xcode works flawless for me, however, I need to change few things manually each time I export the game from BB. It does not need more than few seconds, still would be much better if BB would do that. For me it is more annoying that BB does not want to properly update the already exported and modified Xcode project, so every time I have to delete the existing export and do a full export and then redo these settings again and again.
    • Turn off bitcode
    • Increase build number (keep in mind what was the last one)
    • Set dev team for code sign
    • Set full screen

virtualgamers2000 likes this.
  5. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

You will also need to add armv7s to the Valid Architectures

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Apple has removed armv7s from the Standard Architectures (as of Xcode 6) because it's only used in 3 devices and the performance gains are limited. As iPhone 5/5s/5c will be in decline soon we will probably not do the work to add it back in as we think the time is more valuable spent elsewhere.

NOTE: Regardless iPhone 5/5s/5c devices are still fully supported in Buildbox, I don't want anyone confused about that. :)

While I'm here I would note that using Xcode 7 (and iOS 9 SDK) may cause funky issues with your launch image on iPhone 5/5s/5c and iPhone 6 when operating in landscape mode. Using Xcode 6 (and iOS 8 SDK) should prevent this from happening. I have not done an exhaustive test using Xcode 6 as we are focused on moving forward and making sure the next release of BB1/BB2 will support launch images properly in Xcode 7.

virtualgamers2000 likes this.